Sales Planning Business Manager - Japan
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
Based in Palo Alto Networks Tokyo office, and reporting to Director, Japan Sales Operations, closely working with the Head of Global Sales Strategy & Planning, this person will own the Sales Planning Process for the Japan Theater and support associated sales planning initiatives and objectives. In this role, you are comfortable with owning and maintaining end-to-end processes in fiscal year planning, including quota setting through to compensation plan issuance. Do you have strong sales planning and analysis skills and the ability to develop strong partnerships with sales leadership as well as cross-functional teams? If so, this may be the position for you!
- Partner with multiple internal groups including Sales leaders, Sales Operations, Finance, Compensation, and HR Business Partner to maintain efficient processes, and drive mid-year as well as annual Sales Planning processes for the Japan Theater
- Identify, collect, and analyze data to assist with and propose business decisions
- Conduct Theater quota evaluation and management, enable changes in conjunction with Global Sales Strategy & Planning team and Japan sales leaders
- Provide ongoing support and training to Anaplan users through creation and communication of training materials
- Act as the Anaplan “SuperUser” for the Theater, leverage for planning, and serve as the liaison between business users and Global Sales Strategy & Planning team
- Represent Japan Theater as the Subject Matter Expert for development and execution of global planning, and operations initiatives if required
- Perform data analysis to help business leaders define sales strategy
- Prepare sales planning analytical output for ongoing and ad-hoc senior management reviews
- Work closely with the Data Governance team on account and territory management
- Serve as the key liaison between Sales team and Commission team when they need support to fix compensation issues
- Ongoing quota management for sales reps on-boarding and leaving
- 10+ years Sales Operations, Sales Planning, and/or Analyst experience, preferably in the enterprise sales space
- Experience with and understanding of sales strategy, processes and methodologies also preferred
- Self-starter, detail-oriented, with strong organization skills with accuracy
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, with sound business judgment
- Ability to meet deadlines and work with time constraints
- Advanced spreadsheet skills are a requirement
- Experience using reporting and analytics applications; SFDC preferred; Anaplan a plus
- Good communication skills in both Japanese and English
Our sales operation team members support our sales account managers and systems engineers to assist in large organization’s migrations to more cybersecurity. Sales operations work behind the scenes to make sure that our sales relationships run smoothly, enabling and empowering the teams across the world.
You support the sales team by providing research, reports, and craft and support systems and processes that enable the process of sales. It’s a true partnership, one built on building the best cybersecurity solutions for each individual client.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.