Business Development Representative, Canada
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
Being a Business Development Representative (BDR) is not an easy task. This is the opportunity for those interested in being a part of something bigger than themselves. We are out to fulfill our company mission with the strongest products in the industry. Being a BDR means handling rejection well, but persevering, regardless. It means cold-calling, selling, and pitching our products to people who are under tremendous pressure to secure their digital environments. And it means sticking with it with a level of tenacity defined only by your commitment to seeing a sale through.
To fit in this role, you are personable, willing to ask questions, always learning, have a strong work ethic, are persistent, and coachable. You are confident in who you are and able to enjoy the personable interactions that come with a job in sales. Becoming a part of the team means you will be surrounded by amazing, smart and hardworking, teammates and that’s a great place to be. Plus, the added bonus of changing the world? Now that's just icing on the cake.
● Market the company’s products and/or services via telephone and email, often cold-calling leads to gauge interest and create opportunity
● Generate prospective customers through cold calling and lead qualification from Marketing programs and promotions
● Direct Pre-Qualified Leads (PQL) to a specific Sales District with high efficiency and prioritization
● Follow up on pre-qualified leads with the sales team to ensure they are processed timely and lead to pipeline creation
● Document all activities and customer interactions in Salesforce.com
● Set appointments for both Field and Inside Sales Representatives, Account Executives, and prospective clients
● Identify client needs, provide guidance and information around our products and services with the goal of increasing customer satisfaction
● Build long-term relationships with clients, partners, and internal stakeholders
● Seek and develop new business opportunities in the market
● Report to the Business Development Manager on (weekly/monthly/quarterly) sales results
● Stay up-to-date with new products and services, including capabilities and pricing, and on cybersecurity industry trends
● Be a high energy individual with a strong desire to achieve top results with a dependable, positive “can-do" attitude over the phone and in-person
● Consistently meet or exceed metrics set by leaders and managers
● Previous work experience in inbound and outbound calls and inquiries
● Ability to understand technical concepts, possess enthusiasm for technology and to articulate clearly to all levels of technical aptitude
● Ability to adapt quickly to a fast-paced environment
● Proven work experience as a Business Development Representative, Sales Account Executive or similar role
● Hands-on experience with multiple sales techniques (including cold calls)
● Track record of achieving sales quotas
● Experience with CRM software (e.g. Salesforce)
● Familiarity with MS Excel and/ or Google Suite (analyzing spreadsheets and charts)
● Understanding of sales performance metrics
● Excellent communication and negotiation skills
● Ability to deliver engaging presentations
● BS degree in Marketing, Business Administration or relevant field
We work hand in hand with organizations around the world as they move to a more secure environment. As part of the Business Development team, you find and create opportunity, forming relationships with organizations seeking a trusted partner.
You are empowered with unmatched systems and tools, including constantly updated research and sales libraries and a team built on joint success. You won’t find someone at Palo Alto Networks who isn’t committed to your success — everyone pitches in to assist when it comes to solutions selling, learning, and development.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at email@example.com.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.