Manager, Inside Sales, Greater China (Shanghai based)
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
The Regional Inside Sales Manager is responsible for managing all functional aspects of the regional Inside Sales team which comprises of different roles (BDR and CSR). Major duties include: (1) aligning duties and functional efficiency of the reps (2) optimizing rep performance by designing and executing processes, training and coaching initiatives, (3) monitoring and reporting on sales metrics and rep performance metrics, (4) leading Inside Sales objectives in support of regional revenue targets.
- Own, manage and drive all Inside Sales Quota and activities within the specific region
- Be the single point of contact for regional sales leaders on all things pertaining to Inside Sales
- Manage a group of inside sales reps that ranges from lead qualification, appointment setting, to deal closing roles
- Coach team members to utilize modern sales and communications tools and techniques to effectively reach, sell to, and manage new and existing customers
- Includes calling observation and ongoing sales and technical competency mentoring, support individual professional development and growth
- Manage the team to ensure healthy weekly activity for calls, leads converted opportunities that will enable the team to achieve monthly and quarterly targets
- Generate and present weekly and quarterly reports to meet business targets, ensuring that team adheres to key business processes and practices including data capture, forecasting, and business insights
- Leverage sales analysis to improve the weekly execution of the inside sales team
- Manage and develop the inside sales operation to effectively sell Palo Alto Networks solutions and products
- Responsible for hiring and building the pipeline to recruit top talent within the inside sales function
- Collaborate with management and other functional teams to identify strategies to achieve sales goals and uncover new, high-value opportunities
- Exceed sales goals in assigned territory
- Attend weekly regional forecast and management calls to provide Inside Sales input and perspective
- Represent Inside Sales on quarterly business reviews
- Understand the challenges and opportunities within the region and devise appropriate strategies for execution
- Maintain an accurate and up-to-date forecast and document all activities and customer interactions in Salesforce.com
- Maintain required activity metrics, via phone calls, appointments, demos, and funnel development
- Work closely with Regional Sales Managers and Channel partners to identify, position, and sell product value
- Remain knowledgeable and up-to-date on the product roadmap, industry changes, and competitive landscape
- 10 years of sales experience and 2-5 years of management experience
- Experience in an enterprise sales environment required, with a strong understanding of owning, carrying and meeting an assigned quota, preferably in the Greater China region
- Proven consistent achievement of goals through the leadership and motivation of a team
- Experience in hiring, developing and retaining talent
- Exceptional command of enterprise sales methodology and the ability to coach to it
- Excellent communication and influence skills and the ability to build cross-functional relationships
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to work on many projects concurrently
- Enthusiastic, highly motivated individuals with a serious work ethic are required
- Excellent Microsoft Excel and Salesforce.com skills
- Proven ability to learn new technology quickly, adapt to changing needs and possess strong analytical skills
Our sales team members work hand-in-hand with large organizations around the world to keep their digital environments protected. We educate, inspire, and empower our potential clients in their journey to security.
As part of our sales team, you are empowered with unmatched systems and tools, constantly updated research and sales libraries, and a team built on joint success. You won’t find someone at Palo Alto Networks that isn’t committed to your success – with everyone pitching in to assist when it comes to solutions selling, learning, and development. As a member of our sales team, you are motivated by a solutions-focused sales environment and find fulfillment in working with clients to resolve incredibly complex cyberthreats.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.