Senior IOS Development Engineer, Mobile Platforms (Endpoint)
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
Mobile endpoint protection is a multi-layered approach which consists of both low-level security architecture and higher level management tools. As a senior developer in our mobile team, you will take a major part in the design and implementation of all layers of the architecture, further advancing the edge of mobile protection and mobile management on both Android and iOS ecosystems.
More information about Endpoint Protection product can be found here.
- Design, implement and test critical components of our mobile applications
- Evaluate new platforms and devise unorthodox solutions to complex architectural challenges
- Work in close coordination with other OSes internals teams
- Participate in researching advanced technologies and their implications on security
- Research new technologies and adapt them for use in the company’s products
- Write design documents, SW development guidelines, and best practices
- 5+ years of programming experience
- 3+ years of experience writing iOS apps
- In-depth knowledge of Swift
- Strong C++ programming skills - a significant advantage
- Acquaintance with mobile development on Android
- Experience with Android internals: a significant advantage
- Java development skills - a major advantage
- Firm knowledge of Unix-style operating systems concepts - an advantage
- Experience with software security
To stay ahead of the curve, it’s critical to know where the curve is, and how to anticipate the changes we’re facing. For the fastest growing cybersecurity company, the curve is the evolution of cyberattacks and the products and services that dedicatedly address them. Our engineering team is at the core of our products – connected directly to the mission of preventing cyberattacks. They are constantly innovating – challenging the way we, and the industry, think about cybersecurity. These engineers aren’t shy about building products to tackle problems no one has pursued before. They define the industry, instead of waiting for directions. We need individuals who feel comfortable in ambiguity, excited by the prospect of challenge, and empowered by the unknown risks facing our everyday lives that are only enabled by a secure digital environment.
Our engineering team is provided with an unrivaled chance to create the products and practices that will support our company growth over the next decade, defining the cybersecurity industry as we know it. If you see the potential of how incredible people products can transform a business, this is the team for you. If you don’t wait for directions, instead, identifying new features and opportunities we have to just get better, this is your new career.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together. To learn more about our dedication to inclusion and innovation, visit our Life at Palo Alto Networks page and our diversity website.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
Additionally, we are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or an accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at email@example.com.