Director, Partner Services
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
The Partner Services Director is responsible for the strategy, evolution, and operations of Palo Alto Networks existing post-sales partner service programs, including the Authorized Support Center (ASC), Authorized Training Center (ATC), and Certified Professional Services Partner (CPSP) programs. In addition, you will set the vision for scaling services enablement and ensuring service quality through new channels, including Managed Security Service Providers (MSSP) and Global System Integrator (GSI) partners.
You are a goal-oriented leader who stays focused on Customer Success and loves developing strong relationships between strategic partners and internal teams. You are equipped with a hybrid of partner management, enterprise service delivery, program management, and people management skills with 10 years of relevant industry experience preferred. The Partner Services Director reports to the Senior Vice President of Global Customer Services.
- Strategize, develop, and deliver effective partner service programs, evolving the programs to align with the changing business strategy, objectives, and needs
- Develop strong relationships with strategic partners at all levels, establishing Palo Alto Networks as a preferred vendor, with incentives for high services-attach and consistently high service quality
- Leadership over the Partner Services department to lead all activities and business’s developmental needs ensuring that there is consistency with core goals
- Develop metrics and automated scorecards for visibility into partner certifications and service quality, to ensure continuous improvement and transparency at all management levels into partner performance
- Lead partner enablement by developing and facilitating technical enablement learning paths, webinars, and events to ensure successful onboarding of new partners and ongoing learning and development of partner resources as new products and releases are introduced
- Drive the development of key partner service delivery processes, tools, and systems to ensure the self-sufficiency of the partner community
- Identify areas of improvement and execute operational projects to expand and build on existing systems and tools
- Collaborate with other departments to develop partner use strategies, allowing the worldwide scale
- Advocate for partners as an extension of the internal service delivery teams, to ensure their access to enablement tools and resources needed for partner self-sufficiency
- Through data analysis and reporting, hold partners accountable for a high degree of customer satisfaction
- Monitor and handle metrics to analyze partner effectiveness. Identify trends, and drive recommendations to improve partner programs and development
- Manage the global team of Partner Service Managers, defining the partner service programs, building role-specific technical enablement learning paths, and holding partners accountable to a high quality of service to ensure the security and success of our mutual customers
- Exceptional cross-department management skills as an advocate for partner needs across Global Customer Services, Global Enablement, and Worldwide Sales/Operations, in addition to working very closely with Global Channels to incent and reward the right partner behavior
- Resolve partner/customer conflicts, and provide remedies as required
- Approachable and likable, inspiring trust in others, which will make it easier for people to trust insights and follow directives in the leadership position
- Travel to partners and internal teams to form relationships and rapport, up to 30%
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or other business and technology, MS is preferred
- 10+ more years of experience in an enterprise technology company with strong customer or partner management experience in a services function
- Experience in partner enablement, maintenance of partner processes, and the successful development and delivery of ongoing partner programs
- Proven experience driving technical training and enablement for customers or partners at international scale in a high growth company
- Self-motivated with excellent problem-solving skills and negotiation skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and professional etiquette
- Strong analytical skills as well as a passion for research, data analysis, and the insights that are derived from it
- Ability to carry out analyses on the performance of partner programs while drawing insights that lead to improvement, formulating lasting solutions and the development of new strategies
- Ability to prioritize tasks completing multiple tasks in a timely manner, be flexible and welcoming to change, have an ability to work independently with minimal or no supervision
- Prompt decision maker and creative thinker, with excellent problem-solving skills, with a positive and easy-going attitude
- Demonstrate strong work ethic and integrity and demonstrate calmness and composure in times of uncertainty
- Demonstrate strong leadership qualities with the ability to influence a cross-functional team and top management into following a course of action
Our technical support team is essential to our success and mission. As part of this team, you enable customer success by providing support to clients after they have purchased our products. Our dedication to our customers doesn’t stop once they sign – it just evolves. Our technical team provides behind-the-scenes support to meet our customer’s needs. As threats and technology evolve, we stay in step to accomplish our mission. You’ll be involved in implementing new products, transitioning from old products to new, and will fix integrations and critical issues as they are raised – in fact, you’ll seek them out to ensure our clients are safely supported. We fix and identify technical problems, with a pointed focus of providing the best customer support in the industry.
We’re a fast-growing, immensely successful organization because of our people and products (built and supported by our people). We work the frontlines against cyberthreats and cyberattacks, protecting everyday transactions in the digital environment. It means we’re good at scaling quickly to new threats, get fulfillment from resolving new problems, and think about things just plain different.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together. To learn more about our dedication to inclusion and innovation, visit our Life at Palo Alto Networks page and our diversity website.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
Additionally, we are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or an accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.