Senior Director, EMEA Human Resources
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
Reporting to the Vice President of People, this role is the Senior Leader for the People functions in EMEA. You will be responsible for creating and implementing an integrated People Strategy to support over 900 employees in the rapidly growing region as we introduce several new products. You will serve as a key member of our EMEA leadership team focused on enhancing the effectiveness of the organization and making the company a truly great place to work across the region. In this role, you will also be a critical member of the People leadership team for the business organization helping to shape our long-term People strategy across the entire company.
You will work side-by-side with the leadership team in the region driving organizational, team and individual effectiveness and drawing upon extensive business and HR acumen to provide advice and counsel as a partner to the business leaders and client groups.
- Leads the People strategy for the region, working in partnership with other members of the People team, Regional/Country HRBP’s/generalists and centers of excellence
- Help set and deliver against the Regional HR and client group business objectives; being accountable for results
- Implements and adapts corporate, regional or client group programs
- Takes a hands-on approach with regional leaders to establish, deploy and execute upon the business process, strategy and capability building; aligning, leading and empowering in-country HR team members to drive and deploy with clients across the region
- Manages a team of HRBPs, building a highly engaged and high performing team
- Works with corporate centers of excellence (Legal, Finance, Facilities, and HR) to drive the establishment and resourcing of new sites and entities in the region
- Experience leading a People functions in the EMEA region – creating a shared vision around the people strategy and building high performing teams
- Experience working in high-performing environments at mid-to-large, global companies
- Customer centricity – a strong understanding of where value is being created and lost in a business and a demonstrable ability to organize people and teams to maximize organizational capability and performance
- Bias toward action – with a clarity of vision can quickly move to execution in a rapidly evolving environment making progress toward big goals
- Critical thinking – sees beyond today, reads the full landscape, identifies challenges and opportunities early and develops simple, elegant solutions to address or mitigate
- Problem-solving - understands the root cause of complex business and people issues and uses the understanding to create and implement solutions that lead to improvement
- Influence – quickly builds strong reciprocal relationships among diverse groups to meet shared objectives using compelling arguments to gain the support and commitment of others
- Subject matter expertise – Depth of understanding of behavioral science, analytics and core disciplines of HR
- Deep and broad knowledge of HR practices, principles, and procedures based on working closely with colleagues across the HR function (talent, performance, compensation, compliance, etc.), regional country HR managers and generalists, and internal partners (Legal, Finance, etc.)
- Strong leadership skills – can build a highly versatile, diverse team in high accountability cultures that drive excellence and high standards
- Highly reciprocal - a track record of successfully operating across organizations and levels achieving results by working across organizational boundaries
- Possess and demonstrate exceptional judgment, self-management, impeccable ethics, and a high degree of personal and professional maturity
- Advanced social, listening and communication skills, including presentation and facilitation skills, and a track record of effectively communicating with and influencing at all levels, including providing critical feedback and the ability to help executives, managers and employees navigate through difficult situations
- Have a point of view and the confidence/courage to (appropriately) challenge assumptions, coupled with a high level of professionalism and the sophistication and finesse to push through issues while managing relationships
- Ability to travel throughout the region and to HQ, as needed
Our People team at Palo Alto Networks works throughout the organization to enable...you guessed it, people. Every team within the organization has a huge impact on our mission statement. We’re one team – driven to one mission statement. Each piece matters, and within the people team, you are focused on enabling our teams to resolve the world’s most aggressive cybersecurity risks. Our People team is centered on building, attracting, recruiting, and retaining the most passionate and committed talent to our organization, fulfilling that mission. We focus on building strong teams, centered on respect and enablement, empowering our employees to seek their career goals. You will be part of a growing, passionate, and dynamic team with an opportunity to work on challenging and exciting projects – centered on what we believe is one of the most significant mission statements in the world.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together. To learn more about our dedication to inclusion and innovation, visit our Life at Palo Alto Networks page and our diversity website.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
Additionally, we are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or an accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.