Senior Technical Marketing Engineer (Prisma Access)
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
As a Technical Marketing Engineer at Palo Alto Networks, you will play a key role in providing detailed technical information to our partners, customers, and internal employees relating to our GlobalProtect and GlobalProtect Cloud Service. In this role, you will work with cutting edge technology, redefining the future of enterprise security. You will work with customers and channel partners, develop and deliver technical training for Systems Engineers, and document useful technical notes for others to use. You must also be a self-starter, keen to learn and experiment with new technologies, be able to work independently and as a team player, identify sales needs and address them as needed. The job requires some travel.
- Create and deliver technical content that informs the field and our customers of new features, including tech notes, solution guides, white papers etc.
- Develop and deliver competitive positioning strategies and answer specific questions relative to product area
- As the subject matter expert, help customers, channel partners, and System Engineers with product related questions and hands on technical training
- Drive success of beta-customer trials by assisting the customers with understanding and configuring new product capabilities
- Continues monitoring the performance of new releases after they are generally available.
- Work closely with Product Management on product feedback for future improvements. Review PRDs and engineering specs and provide feedback
- Help the sales team achieve success of customer trials by assisting with understanding and configuring the product to the best use of its capabilities
- BS/MS in Computer Science, Other engineering/technical degree
- Experience with Client VPN & network security
- Experience with cloud delivered security services
- Strong desire to experiment with new technologies
- Experience to setup lab environment
- Must have prior experience delivering technical product training, producing technical collateral, and presenting to customers
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge in building and maintaining POC & Demo environments.
- Public cloud including AWS and/or Azure background is a strong plus.
- Mobile Security background is a plus
To stay ahead of the curve, it’s critical to know where the curve is, and how to anticipate the changes we’re facing. For the fastest growing cybersecurity company, the curve is the evolution of cyberattacks, and the products and services that proactively address them. Our Product Management Team helps us do just that.
Our organization and employees are committed to changing as rapidly as our industry’s threats do, and to do that, we need creative product teams to address emerging cyber threats. They provide the behind-the-scenes support for our products by being a source of information on our products for our systems engineers, staying on top of the environment we sell in, and helping implementing product wide technical solutions based on our client’s feedback and needs. As threats and technology evolve, we stay ahead to accomplish our mission.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together. To learn more about our dedication to inclusion and innovation, visit our Life at Palo Alto Networks page and our diversity website.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
Additionally, we are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or an accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.