Cloud Security Engineer
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
You are a hardworking and passionate Customer Success Engineer who is customer obsessed and wants to help our customers during their cloud transformation journey. You will act as a trusted technical advisor to our customers to help ensure efficient Palo Alto Networks’ public cloud security adoption and to accelerate business value and return on investment. In this role, you will work closely with customer Security Architects, Security Engineers, InfoSec and DevOps teams within mid-to-large enterprises to implement premier cloud security solutions.
From day one, you are able to roll up your sleeves, waste no time, and bring all of your experience to the team to increase customer satisfaction, value, retention, and ultimately the expansion of our footprint. Most importantly, you have a positive, “can do” attitude and a passion for delivering technical solutions in a fast-paced environment. Ensure customers are maximizing their return on investment by rapidly implementing and operationalizing Palo Alto Networks solutions to achieve their business and security objectives.
- Assist customers in implementing custom integrations and workflows to ensure Palo Alto Networks solutions are fully integrated into their security operations center
- Be the first line of defense in solving customer support requests, and coordinating and prioritizing timely resolutions with engineering teams
- Serve as a customer advocate in influencing product roadmap and improvements
- Coach customers on how to establish and manage their Cloud Security Change Management/Governance/Center of Excellence program
- Identify risks to the customer achieving their stated business goals and work with the account team to build a risk mitigation plan or escalate as needed
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of typical business challenges faced by customers and common objectives to appropriately map features and associated business benefits to address their needs
- Be Go-To customer expert on Palo Alto Networks public cloud security solutions and become a domain expert over time
- Performance metrics CSAT, Renewal rate, Upsell / Cross-sell lead identification, Reference-ability, Renewal likelihood, Adoption, Consumption, Customer Engagement
- BS Degree required
- Minimum 5 years of relevant work experience in pre-sales OR post-sales, support, customer success, consulting or similar roles
- Strong consulting and project management skills, with proven results working as a trusted advisor to drive business value for customers, including the ability to interact with client teams at different levels of technical and non-technical depth
- Manage customer escalations, balancing customer expectations, and negotiating successful resolutions
- Knowledge of, and experience with public cloud platform (IaaS) features, capabilities, and the best use
- Experience with security products and/or offerings
- Ability to communicate technical details to a non-technical audience
- Ability to multi-task and work in a dynamic environment
- Provide after-hours support on a scheduled / non-scheduled basis
- Flexibility for travel up to 30%
Our engineering team is provided with an extraordinary chance to create the products and practices that will support our company growth over the next decade, defining the cybersecurity industry as we know it. If you see the potential of how incredible people products can transform a business, this is the team for you. If you don’t wait for directions, instead, identifying new features and opportunities we have to just get better, this is your new career.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together. To learn more about our dedication to inclusion and innovation, visit our Life at Palo Alto Networks page and our diversity website.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
Additionally, we are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or an accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at email@example.com.