Security Researcher (IoT)
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
As a Security Researcher (IoT), we are looking for a motivated, intelligent, hardworking and creative individual to join our team that develops the content to power the Palo Alto Networks’ Next Generation Firewall. You will work with the best security team in the industry, who invented the well-known cloud-based security platform WildFire. You will work on the projects related to IoT security and 5G security, including threat analysis, vulnerability discovery, honeypot and intelligence system
- Discover new vulnerabilities and develop exploitation PoCs for IoT devices as well as popular Linux server apps
- Research the latest IoT/Linux related threats, including vulnerability, exploit, malware, botnet, as well as improve products' coverages of these threats
- Identify and research security challenges in mobile network and service provider network, especially in CIoT devices connected with LTE/5G network
- Collaborate with team members to develop related security intelligence system and convert it into products
- Present your researches to the public on a company blog, industrial conferences or academic conferences
- Please highlight your required experience with Malware.
- Experience with reverse engineering in x86/x86_64, ARM and/or MIPS
- Deep understanding of vulnerability analysis, vulnerability mining, and exploitation techniques
- Familiar with Linux system internals or embedded Linux system development
- Familiar with Python, C, Bash, and/or Go
- BS/MS in Computer Science or Computer Engineering
- Strong self-motivation and problem-solving abilities
- Proven knowledge and experience with IoT firmware analysis or hardware security analysis is a big plus
- Background knowledge with mobile network's architecture, protocols and security is a big plus
- Knowledge and experience with botnet analysis or honeypot intelligence is a plus
- Experience of big data processing or machine learning is a plus
To stay ahead of the curve, it’s critical to know where the curve is, and how to anticipate the changes we’re facing. For the fastest growing cybersecurity company, the curve is the evolution of cyberattacks and the products and services that dedicatedly address them. Our engineering team is at the core of our products – connected directly to the mission of preventing cyberattacks. They are constantly innovating – challenging the way we, and the industry, think about cybersecurity. These engineers aren’t shy about building products to tackle problems no one has pursued before. They define the industry, instead of waiting for directions. We need individuals who feel comfortable in ambiguity, excited by the prospect of a challenge, and empowered by the unknown risks facing our everyday lives that are only enabled by a secure digital environment.
Our engineering team is provided with an unrivaled chance to create the products and practices that will support our company growth over the next decade, defining the cybersecurity industry as we know it. If you see the potential of how incredible people products can transform a business, this is the team for you. If you don’t wait for directions, instead, identifying new features and opportunities we have to just get better, this is your new career.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together. To learn more about our dedication to inclusion and innovation, visit our Life at Palo Alto Networks page and our diversity website.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
Additionally, we are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or an accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.