Digital Learning Designer
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
As a Digital Learning Designer, you will work closely with sales, product, brand, marketing, and business leaders to bring our ideas to life with your creative execution and expertise. You must be adept at storytelling, and particularly taking a complex scenario and translating it into engaging and consumable content. This exciting new role will collaborate with a highly cross-functional team to design and deliver state-of-the-art digital learning solutions that engage and develop employees across the organization.
You are someone who believes in showing work-in-progress and are comfortable taking and giving feedback to improve a project. You want to learn something new and push your skills into unfamiliar territories, but also love the idea of influencing the way teams work through your accomplishments and experiences. You enjoy throwing creative solutions at a problem and have the ability to step back to evaluate the measurable success of your approach.
- Work with stakeholders to assess needs and develop effective learning solutions across a variety of disciplines including Sales, Compliance, Operations and more
- Design visually impactful and engaging digital experiences that drive employee learning
- Create learning assets to be used in training, marketing, illustrations, etc.
- Work with the learning team to develop assessments to determine the effectiveness of each course - including both traditional assessments and more modern learning games
- Select and build each learning topic in the most efficient correct format for each learning topic, including audio, video, simulations, role plays, games, etc., knowing the benefits and limitations of each
- Design and build learning paths to help our employees progress towards their goals
- Being part of a team that develops and maintains a gamified approach to learning
- Review, and test and evaluate new and revised curriculum offerings from other team members, provide feedback and suggestions for improvement; contribute to a new curriculum or program ideas. Digital Learning Designer
- Create course content that engages the audience, increases retention, transfers skill/knowledge, and drives sustained behavior change
- Work with 3rd party content developers to ensure consistent, quality learning content
- Have the courage to innovate and try something different – and push the organization to do the same
- Minimum 3 years of experience creating visually stunning assets
- Strong design fundamentals: Portfolio that showcases your craftsmanship and strong roots in design. Demonstrated experience in three or more of the following: video, motion graphics, events, graphic design, illustration, and/or UI/UX
- Design thinking: Able to speak to non-designers about design and engage them in the development process as required
- Problem-solving: View design as a means for solving problems; approach complex challenges head-on, and Expert verbal and written communication skills with the ability to discover, understand and translate business requirements into actionable items
- Planning: Demonstrated ability to prioritize work, set appropriate timelines, clarify expectations and utilize effective processes/approaches to ensure work is delivered with an excellence in a timely manner
- Communication: Seek feedback early and often. Clearly articulate processes and design choices. Welcome critique and respectful discourse. A clear point of view and ability to both influence and be influenced by other CD
- Expert knowledge of design/e-learning software such as Adapt, Articulate Storyline or Captivate
- Ability to drive a project to completion, owning the standard of completed work across multiple stakeholders to deliver an impactful learner experience
- Able to work independently as well as part of a team in a driven and energetic environment
- Adaptability to meet the needs of an innovative and fast-paced business
- Ability to learn quickly and work independently is preferred
- Experience with gamification is helpful
- Prior learning design is a plus
- Familiarity with the principles of SCORM is helpful
- Experience using HTML5 and CSS3 to build interactive learning activities is preferred
Our People team at Palo Alto Networks works throughout the organization to enable...you guessed it, people. Every team within the organization has a huge impact on our mission statement. We’re one team – driven to one mission statement. Each piece matters, and within the people team, you are focused on enabling our teams to resolve the world’s most aggressive cybersecurity risks. Our People team is centered on building, attracting, recruiting, and retaining the most passionate and committed talent to our organization, fulfilling that mission. We focus on building strong teams, centered on respect and enablement, empowering our employees to seek their career goals. You will be part of a growing, passionate, and dynamic team with an opportunity to work on challenging and exciting projects – centered on what we believe is one of the most significant mission statements in the world.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together. To learn more about our dedication to inclusion and innovation, visit our Life at Palo Alto Networks page and our diversity website.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
Additionally, we are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or an accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at email@example.com.