Regional Sales Manager, Greater Bay Area
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
Do you have an aim to succeed and overachieve? We are currently seeking seasoned, dynamic and hungry sales professionals to manage and drive sales engagements. We want someone with a passion for connecting our customers with a solution for every stage of threat prevention.
The Regional Sales Manager is a significant driver of Company revenue and growth. As the Regional Sales Manager, you are responsible for meeting and completely obliterating your quota by creating and implementing strategic enterprise account plans targeting deployments of the Palo Alto Networks Next Generation Security Platform. You have a validated ability to build the right relationships inside a target account, land new business, and significantly expand the lifetime value over time, watching your accounts grow, and grow, and grow.
This is a unique opportunity for a validated enterprise account manager with a hunter mentality to win business and market share by actively displacing contending technologies. Do you want to be part of something innovative, revolutionary, groundbreaking and want to change the world? Sound like you?
● In close partnership with your Systems Engineer, leverage enterprise account selling strategies into a mix of install base and competitively held private companies in Greater Bay Area's large enterprise accounts. AKA, sell product, solutions, and services and kill your quota
● Overachieve on annual quota, measured quarterly
● Deliver a predictable book of business to drive forecast accuracy
● Engage account planning process to map solutions to client initiatives
● Proposal generation articulating financial ROI/TCO value
● Foster deep partnerships and leverage channel partners and technology partners, locally and nationally
● Leverage all cross-functional resources to achieve your quota: inside sales, channel systems engineering, field marketing, cyber security sales specialists, the services team, sales operations (including deal desk and the response team) and others
● Communicate value propositions to clients that speak intimately to their needs and requirements
● Prospect for new business with new and existing customers. You are responsible for both land and expand
● Develop and execute sales strategies and tactics that maximize Palo Alto Networks’ opportunity
● Work in a fast-paced, revenue-driven environment
● Exceeding quota for 8+ years
● Understand how to win by leveraging Channel partners and are comfortable with a channel centric go to market approach
● A successful track record selling complex-solutions directly to enterprise customers
● Throughout your career, you’ve cultivated relationships with key executives and decision-makers. You know how to knit these together in pursuit of a successful cross-functional, enterprise-level sale
● Your work is a mix of strategic and proactive account activity, and you have a demonstrated ability of uncovering, qualifying, developing, and closing large enterprise accounts. You know that this is your job and you love it!
● You’re a pro who keeps your pipeline accurate and your forecast updated for management
● Possess, at a minimum, a fundamental understanding of security threats, solutions, security tools or network technologies
● You are also a fast learner
● Persuasive and have excellent negotiation and presentation skills
● Can effectively communicate with both technology-oriented and senior business executives at the “C” level and are comfortable articulating the technical and business value of the Palo Alto Networks platform
● A student of sales, and you know which methodology to employ in each situation (i.e. point-product selling, “Challenger” sale, etc.)
● You can travel as necessary to your assigned accounts, and to Company-wide meetings
● Excellent time management skills, and work with high levels of autonomy and self-direction
● BS technical degree or equivalent experience
● Highly competitive, ramp quickly, are extremely adaptive and pride yourself on exceeding production goals
● A hunter and love to sell
● You love the prospect of selling in new and untapped sales territories
● You’re comfortable with an extremely high-growth company and have a history of exceeding your quota through a company’s transformation
● Able to lead all aspects of the sales cycle
● Accountable to your commitments: you know how to accurately predict your business, and quarter after quarter, you hit the number that you commit to
● A self-starter, when you find a problem, you alert the team, and fix it…you don’t wait for the next task
● Stay abreast of industry news and trends, and how they affect Palo Alto Networks products and services. You’re also a student of evolving nature of sales
Palo Alto Networks has brought technology to market that is reshaping the cybersecurity threat and protection landscape. Our ability to protect digital transactions is limited only by our ability to establish relationships with our potential customers and help them understand how our products can protect their environments. This is where our sales teams come in. Our sales team members work hand-in-hand with large organizations to keep their digital information safe. Our passionate sales teams educate, inspire, and empower our potential clients.
As part of our sales team, you are empowered with unmatched systems and tools, constantly updated research and sales libraries, and a team built on joint success. You won’t find someone at Palo Alto Networks that isn’t committed to your success – with everyone pitching in to assist when it comes to solutions selling, learning, and development. As a member of our sales team, you are driven by a solutions-focused sales environment and find fulfillment in working with clients to resolve incredibly complex cyberthreats. You’re an amazing sales person – you’re just looking for something more substantial and challenging as your next step.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together. To learn more about our dedication to inclusion and innovation, visit our Life at Palo Alto Networks page and our diversity website.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
Additionally, we are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or an accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.