NPI Program Manager
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
Palo Alto Networks is seeking a highly motivated New Product Introduction Program Manager (NPI PM) to join our exciting, fast growing company. This dynamic individual must come from an NPI background filled with new product activities directed towards supporting revenue and business objectives. You will work closely with Engineering and Product Management as the single point of contact on new product launches. You will offer insight and guidance during component/supplier selection to achieve optimal cost and delivery goals while ensuring a smooth and successful product launch. You'll facilitate a flawless transition to sustaining, the NPI PM will integrate recommendations towards improving productivity, quality and supply chain efficiency. This position reports to the Sr. Manager of Hardware NPI and is based at our headquarters in Santa Clara, CA.
- Provide accurate and up-to-date reporting on NPI projects with a dashboard methodology that conveys schedule, project cost, and risk assessment
- Accountable for on-time delivery for all NPI builds (Proto through Pilot/FCS)
- Manage the acquisition of required equipment and tooling for NPI builds
- Manage and ensure a smooth product transition from NPI to Sustaining with a strong focus on quality, continuity of supply and DFM
- Partner with both Hardware and Software Engineering to determine critical requirements and deliverables for a successful product launch
- Facilitate and drive all phase gate reviews throughout the NPI development process
- Develop and communicate the SKU readiness matrix with a focus on both RMA and reverse logistics strategy
- Manage COG’s alignment with Product Management and coordinates consistent updates throughout the NPI phases
- Coordinate BOM changes throughout the NPI lifecycle (i.e.; ECO, MCO, DEV, etc)
- Facilitate cross-functional post-mortem reviews with a focus on closed-loop corrective action
- Prior new product introduction experience
- Program Management experience and ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- A solid technical background including familiarity with PCBA Manufacturing
- Strong understanding of PLM and BOM management with key tools such as Arena and/or Agile
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Experience working directly with Suppliers and Contract Manufacturers
- Excellent problem solving, analytical and negotiating skills
- Experience communicating and presenting program status to VP level
- Ability to successfully work across multiple levels of an organization
- Experience in vendor qualification and selection
- Excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills
- Proven track record of being highly productive
- EPM background is preferred
Our HW NPI group is a team of professionals with extensive supply chain and project management experience in the contract manufacturing industry. This team has a proven track record of successfully launching new products on-time with a quality first approach. We’re dedicated to moving the needle as it relates to improving product quality, product margins and efficiency by utilizing world-class Manufacturing concepts to optimize supply chain processes and strategies.
If you have a passion for extensive end-to-end manufacturing and supply chain with the knowledge and experience, we want you!
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at email@example.com.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.