Manager, Business Development, Cortex
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
Palo Alto Networks has brought a technology to market that is reshaping the cloud security landscape. Our ability to protect enterprises is only limited by our ability to reach out to them and help them understand what we can do. That’s where you come in. As we continue to grow, Palo Alto Networks is looking to hire highly a leader to help scale our Inside Sales team. As the manager of a team of Business Development Representatives, you will be responsible for leading, managing and motivating a primarily outbound sales team, setting goals and measuring performance against weekly, monthly quarterly objectives.
The Palo Alto Networks Cortex/Demisto BDR team, you will be the leading expert for the broader Cortex XDR portfolio within our offerings. Your portfolio includes Advanced Endpoint Protection (Traps), Cortex XDR - Investigations and Response, Cortex XDR - Analytics, Autofocus, Cortex Data Lake and Demisto (Security Orchestration, Automation & Response)
● Market the company’s products and/or services via telephone and email
● Generate prospective customers through cold calling and lead qualification
● Qualify leads generated from Marketing programs and promotions
● Direct Pre-Qualified Leads (PQL) to the correct District and Commercial sales team or channel partners
● Follow up on pre-qualified leads with the sales team to ensure they are processed timely and leads to pipeline creation
● Ongoing hiring, mentoring and development of the sales BDR team which includes recruiting, hiring and training new members, coaching reps on strategy and technique for cold calling clients and following up on sales leads, and having consistent 1/1’s with team members
● Work closely with Field Marketing and Marketing on campaign strategy follow up
● Working with Regional Channel and Sales Directors on lead management
● Work with Business Partners and Corporate Sales on territory development
● Refine and evolve a scalable, measurable and predictable process for running and growing the team
● Provide weekly reporting on volume statistics, lead pipeline, conversion to qualified prospects, sales opportunities generated and campaign effectiveness to our Executive Leadership team
● Some experience directly managing an inside sales team of SDR/BDR’s
● Possess a high energy, strong desire to achieve top results with a positive “can-do" attitude over the phone and in-person
● Ability to navigate SFDC reporting, dashboards, and sales acceleration tools (Outreach.io, Navigator, DiscoverOrg, etc)
● A leader with a passion for Software as a Service (SaaS) and a desire to build a career in IT Security a plus
● Resourceful & ability to adapt quickly to changing environment
● Experience hiring and working in a rapidly growing environment
● Very motivated, dedicated and goal-oriented
● Consistently meets or exceeds metrics set by management
● Experience with AWS, Azure or other cloud technologies a plus
● Proven track record of leading a successful team
Our sales team members work hand-in-hand with large organizations around the world to keep their digital environments protected. We educate, inspire, and empower our potential clients in their journey to security.
As part of our sales team, you are empowered with unmatched systems and tools, constantly updated research and sales libraries, and a team built on joint success. You won’t find someone at Palo Alto Networks that isn’t committed to your success – with everyone pitching in to assist when it comes to solutions selling, learning, and development. As a member of our sales team, you are motivated by a solutions-focused sales environment and find fulfillment in working with clients to resolve incredibly complex cyberthreats.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.