Manual Cloud QA Engineer (Cortex XDR)
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
The Cortex-XDR group specializes in the analysis and visualization of complex cyber-data gathered by the Palo Alto Networks products. It combines high-performance algorithms,a deep understanding of modern databases, advanced visualization and high-end UI/UX.
We are looking for a motivated, highly technical individual to join our Cortex-XDR cloud functional QA team. The team is responsible for ensuring the quality of the XDR product, and its many integrations with other Palo Alto Network products.
As a Functional QA Engineer, you will be responsible for ensuring the ongoing quality of the product, analyzing and testing new features and bug fixes, focusing on the deep technical aspects of feature functionalities and limitations. You will be working very closely with the Development teams, Product Managers and Automation engineers. All this in a fast pace process of development, test, and release.
More information about the product we test can be found on:
- Be the QA owner of relevant functionality, from inception to delivery
- Work closely with development engineers and product-management
- Design and execute tests for new features or major redesign of existing features in a multi os-platform and multi-product environment
- Lead software test-design review meetings with relevant stakeholders and with the automation team
- Execute test-cycles on a tight release schedule
- Execute sanity/regression testing before a version release
- Learn about security solutions and technologies in a relatively short amount of time
- Work and integrate with GCP Cloud Computing
- Work and integrate with other Palo Alto Networks cloud services
- Debug failures in complex environments
- No less than 5 years of software testing experience
- Experience writing testing documents (STDs/ATPs) and knowledge of various testing methodologies
- Experience working with various endpoint platforms: Windows/Linux/Mac, at an administrator level
- Self-learner and ability to learn new technologies and methodologies in a relatively short time
- Experience with backend testing of cloud-based services
- Experience with GCP cloud computing, MySQL, and REST web-services- an advantage
- Academic degree(s) in Computer Science or equivalent – an advantage
- Knowledge of scripting and a programming language - an advantage
- Experience in test automation – an advantage
- Security background in general and security programs knowledge in particular – an advantage
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills in both Hebrew and English
- Candidate should also possess the ability to work under pressure with extreme deadlines, prioritize projects, and maintain focus and a sense of humor
Our engineering team is at the core of our products and connected directly to the mission of preventing cyberattacks. We are constantly innovating — challenging the way we, and the industry, think about cybersecurity. Our engineers don’t shy away from building products to solve problems no one has pursued before.
We define the industry instead of waiting for directions. We need individuals who feel comfortable in ambiguity, excited by the prospect of a challenge, and empowered by the unknown risks facing our everyday lives that are only enabled by a secure digital environment.
We’re trailblazers who dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: We can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at email@example.com.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.