People Team Communications Program Manager
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
This role is critical to achieving our People objectives. Reporting to the Chief of Staff for the People Team, working directly with the Chief People Office (CPO) and partnering across the entire company, this role will seek innovative ways to inform, inspire and engage employees through a variety of communication channels, engagement platforms, and multi-media. You are a communications expert who thrives on inspiring a culture of disruption, execution, and transformation while being in service to the teams driving various People and business strategies.
- Create a communication strategy that innovates and executes to truly inform and engage employees throughout the organization
- Identify the right channels for the right messaging, at the right time to create an employee base that is in-the-know and excited
- Communicate often within the organization to empower our employee population to make faster, more efficient decisions for themselves and our company
- Communicate uniquely - thinking about the different learning styles represented within a complex organization to reach each person by leveraging different channels (slack, advocacy, social media, email, intranet, posters, etc.) different formats (long form, short form, tweet form, video, and stickers), different messaging styles and tone, and frequencies
- Challenge the way we think of communications – bringing innovation and energy to the table as we explore new ways to reach and engage our employee base
- Measure the result of communications through their various forms to understand what’s working, what’s not, and adjust the strategy as needed
- Build an internal brand that informs the content and messaging we send out, building familiarity, affinity, and engagement
- Coordinate between multiple stakeholders, keeping everyone informed, engaged, and excited by the new communications strategy
- Drive all decisions back to the centralized strategy for internal communications, keeping things clear, organized, and engaging
- Record of working effectively with cross-functional teams and leaders up to the executive level, communicating to all levels in an organization
- A strong writer, with various communication styles, themes, and brands
- Experience thriving in a matrixed environment, the ability to bring structure and focus to the team while being agile in a time of constant change
- Experience creating and executing a strategy throughout an organization with consistent, measurable results
- Excels at negotiation, facilitation, and problem solving across functional boundaries
Our People team at Palo Alto Networks works throughout the organization to enable...you guessed it, people. Every team within the organization has a huge impact on our mission statement. We’re one team – driven to one mission statement. Each piece matters, and within the people team, you are focused on enabling our teams to resolve the world’s most aggressive cybersecurity risks. Our People team is centered on building, attracting, recruiting, and retaining the most passionate and committed talent to our organization, fulfilling that mission. We focus on building strong teams, centered on respect and enablement, empowering our employees to seek their career goals. You will be part of a growing, passionate, and dynamic team with an opportunity to work on challenging and exciting projects – centered on what we believe is one of the most significant mission statements in the world.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together. To learn more about our dedication to inclusion and innovation, visit our Life at Palo Alto Networks page and our diversity website.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
Additionally, we are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or an accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.