Executive Assistant to SVP (R&D)
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
Palo Alto Networks is looking for an Executive Assistant who can provide high-level, comprehensive administrative support to our SVP Engineering. In addition, this EA will be relied upon to support the SVP’s leadership team.
The SVP of engineering oversees a large organization that is in fast-growth mode. This position requires an accomplished EA who has a sense of urgency, experience in supporting a Senior Vice President level executive and can thrive in an innovative and fast paced company. If that sounds like you then that would make you an ideal candidate for this role.
- Coordinate travel arrangements, including transportation, meetings and lodging meeting
- Ensures the preparedness of the SVP for all meetings and/or events
- Prepare and submit expense reports
- Provide project and presentation support as needed
- Organize and assist with events, including All hands, QPR’s, large and small employee events and trainings
- Assist between cross-functional groups in the Engineering Organization as necessary
- Budget management, Purchase Order Creation and Reconciliation
- Responsible for ordering materials, frequent catering, giveaways and supplies as needed
- Calendar coordination for both SVP as well as his leadership team VP’s
- 6+ years Executive Administrative Assistant experience
- The ability to maintain a high level of integrity and confidentiality at all times
- Travel management & logistics – international and domestic experience a plus
- Positive attitude and highly professional demeanor, sense of humor helps
- Good writing and communication skills
- Exceptional organization, prioritization, multi-tasking and time management skills
- Proactive and assertive approach to managing tasks and responsibilities
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, including Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to solve problems and think quickly under pressure
- Knows how to work effectively as a team player, in a collaborative environment, must work well with peers and members of the greater organization
- Must be comfortable working in a fast paced, high stress environment
- Previous experience working in a deadline driven environment
To stay ahead of the curve, it’s critical to know where the curve is, and how to anticipate the changes we’re facing. For the fastest growing cybersecurity company, the curve is the evolution of cyberattacks, and the products and services that proactively address them. Our engineering team is at the core of our products – connected directly to the mission of preventing cyberattacks. They are constantly innovating – challenging the way we, and the industry, think about cybersecurity. These engineers aren’t shy about creating products to solve problems no one has tackled before. They define the industry, instead of waiting for directions. We need individuals who feel comfortable in ambiguity, excited by the prospect of challenge, and empowered by the unknown risks facing our everyday lives that are only enabled by a secure digital environment.
Our engineering team is provided with an unrivaled opportunity to build the products and practices that will support our company growth over the next decade, defining the cybersecurity industry as we know it. If you see the potential of how incredible people products can transform a business, this is the team for you. If you don’t wait for directions, instead, identifying new features and opportunities we have to just get better, this is your new career.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together. To learn more about our dedication to inclusion and innovation, visit our Life at Palo Alto Networks page and our diversity website.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
Additionally, we are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or an accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at email@example.com.