Channel Systems Engineer - Federal
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
As a Palo Alto Networks Federal Channel Systems Engineer (ChSE), you will be responsible for aligning our Next-Generation security platform and technology solutions to Palo Alto Networks’ most strategic and impactful Federal channel partners. You will be a leader who enhances channel capabilities by educating partners and drive partner engagement with our programs, products, tools, and processes. You are accountable for gathering the partner’s technical requirements for new features and knowledge.
As a member of the Sales and Channels team, the Channel System Engineer will align with our sales management, engineering management, and channel account management in the region to create, update and execute the partner technical enablement strategy. The impact of this person will be tracked and used as one key variable in how they get compensated.
- Build relationships with key partner leaders/engineers and our employees within their resident geography
- Focus on enablement & relationships for a limited number of partners & new recruits
- Development of technical enablement strategies and plans for channel partners
- Creates enablement content and coordinates partner enablement events and programs
- Owns, monitors reports on and drives technical enablement activities for assigned partner base
- Collaborates with in-geography SEs and Value Added Distributors on how to manage and deliver the technical enablement plan for their partner base
- Be a Palo Alto Network technical expert: know security, networking, competition, and channels business dynamics
- Lead discussions, labs, demos, standard methodologies sessions, and workshops
- Provide on the job training for partner SE’s by allowing partner SE’s to shadow presentations and evaluation installations
- Host PCNSE or PSE exam study groups to provide mentoring opportunities for partner SEs
- Provide ad-hoc support for evaluations and post sales issues with partner engineers, and quickly transition them to appropriate internal resources
- Present at channel driven marketing activities on an as needed basis
- Assist in the selling effort to partner technical resources during new partner recruitment
- Collaborates with other Channel SEs and in-geo SEs and AMs, trainers
- BSCS or equivalent
- 3+ years of experience as an SE preferably in a partner facing role
- Experience designing, selling, demonstrating, installing and fixing network infrastructure and security products
- Ability to work independently while following the prescribed enablement plan
- Travel approximately 50% within the resident/home region.
- Strong communication (written and verbal) and presentation skills, both internally and externally. Can passionately deliver high-level messaging and most TOI sessions
- Strong problem finding and solving skills, ability to analyze complex problems and use a systematic approach to gain quick resolution, even under duress
- Superior organizational skills
- Pride in one’s own appearance, integrity, and reputation
Your Preferred Experience
- Technical Channel SE experience working with partners and understanding of a channel centric go to market approach
- 3+ years of experience working with Federal government agencies and government channel partners
- Federal security clearance status
- Experience working on Palo Alto Networks products
- Holds current ACE and PCNSE certs
- Experience from companies in the enterprise networking security space
- Experience installing and configuring virtual environments
- Experience understanding threat signatures and their creation
The channel organization at Palo Alto Networks is a strategic pillar for our continued growth within cybersecurity, and a critical component to accomplishing our mission. Channel development is an extension of the territory sales team, with the ultimate goal to train and enable our channel partners to become empowered in the use and sales of our products. This team amplifies our organization’s products, focusing on efficient, empowering business tactics to enable a group of channel partners to leverage and utilize our brand and products. This team drives educational understanding and depth of knowledge in a group of strong partners that delivers our products into multiple industries.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together. To learn more about our dedication to inclusion and innovation, visit our Life at Palo Alto Networks page and our diversity website.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
Additionally, we are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.