Channel Business Manager
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
You will center your role on relationship management to achieve measurable results in increased revenue, market share, and depth within each partner sales team. Your success in this role will span the creation and execution of unique business plans with each potential. You’ll be measured primarily on the joint business executed with each partner. You’ll be working within all levels of large partner organizations and possess a commitment that focusses developing partnerships based on the long term, “outcome where everybody wins” strategy.
- Directly manage Palo Alto Networks partners with whom you will contribute to and execute annual business plans to drive all aspects of the partner relationship including sales and pipeline development, executive and field alignment, business development, sales, and technical enablement, certification plans and partner marketing
- Work closely with corporate business development on embedded solutions creation, implementation, and GTM
- Partner attainment against national and regional joint sales goals will become a key measurement of success
- Facilitate, manage, and administer in-region sales and technical enablement for partner Sales Reps and System Engineers; presenting and promoting Palo Alto Networks value proposition
- Facilitate the creation, delivery, and certification of authorized training, professional services and front line support programs based on Palo Alto Networks technologies and solutions
- Collaborate with Field Marketing to facilitate, manage and drive demand generation activities ensuring appropriate MDF return on investment and compliance
- Metric tracking and reporting focused on seller penetration, Territory and Account Mappings, Deal Registrations, new logos, and partner lift contribution
- Facilitate and participate in Quarterly Business Reviews (QBR) with cross-functional stakeholders and leaders from both organizations to measure progress against mutual business objectives
- Actively manage and drive Deal Registrations, pipeline development, and provide deal support to ensure orders are booked through the partner and Distributor as forecasted
- Strong understanding of Channel Operating and Partner operating models, specifically GTM motions
- Strong business insight with validated ability to engage at all levels of the partner from individual contributor up to senior leadership
- Proven track record of new Partner onboarding, exceeding performance objectives, and consistently growing a new vendor line 50%+ YoY
- Prior experience developing pipeline creation programs that demonstrated partner lift
- Dynamic, fast-growing company experience; preferably with Cloud, Cybersecurity and/or SaaS
- Positive relationship building skills
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, especially at the executive level
- Solid negotiation and conflict resolution skills
- 8-10 years of dynamic channel development experience
- University (Bachelor’s) degree or equivalent education
- Strong proficiency with various software applications including Microsoft Office and Salesforce.com is a requirement
The channel organization at Palo Alto Networks is a strategic pillar for our continued growth within cybersecurity, and a critical component to accomplishing our mission. Channel development is an extension of the territory sales team, with an ultimate goal to train and enable our channel partners to become empowered in the use and sales of our products. This team amplifies our organization’s products, focusing on efficient, empowering business tactics to enable a group of channel partners to leverage and utilize our brand and products. This team drives educational understanding and depth of knowledge in a group of strong partners that delivers our products into multiple industries.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together. To learn more about our dedication to inclusion and innovation, visit our Life at Palo Alto Networks page and our diversity website.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
Additionally, we are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or an accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.