Business Systems Analyst (BSA)
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission: protecting our way of life in the digital age by preventing successful cyberattacks. It’s not a small goal. It isn’t simple either, but we aren’t in this for the easy answer. As a company with a foundation in challenging the way things are done, we’re looking for innovators with a dedication to best. In return, your career will have a tangible impact – one that's working toward technology that affects every level of society.
Our mission doesn’t happen by treading softly – no, it happens by defining an industry. It means building products that haven't been thought of. It means selling products with a solutions mindset. It means supporting the infrastructure of a company that moves at an incredible speed – intentionally – to stay ahead of the world’s next cyberthreat.
The Business Systems Analyst (BSA), acts as liaison between IT and business functions, to help build business solutions. BSA works with IT Development teams on getting solutions and changes implemented, from turning business requirements into designs and actionable tasks, project definition and planning, to testing and go-live. In this role, you will work with multiple product and business teams to architect the solution for our business and systems.
- Design solutions and processes for multiple business systems – CPQ, Salesforce, SAP and other custom applications
- Understanding broader business drivers to map business needs to process & functional solution design
- Work closely with multi-functional team to understand business requirements and then partner closely with IT development team for creation of functional business requirements, process flow diagrams, and business cases
- Accountable for the timely delivery of projects as per established roadmaps
- Establish relationships with multiple business teams for new solution features and technical support
- Develop future solution strategies by working closely with Business and IT Development teams
- Build and present functional and technical design including data analysis to business team, and gather feedback to influence solution design and approach
- Utilize business knowledge and expertise to drive business process improvements
- Facilitate review sessions with functional owners and end-user representatives
- Participate in end to end implementation planning including project management, issue management, communication and management change
- Writing, reviewing and executing QA and UAT test scripts
- Running UAT with end users including scenario staging, coordination and user acceptance sign-off
- Degree in Information Systems or a related discipline, advanced degree would be a plus
- Experience in one or many of: CPQ, Salesforce, SAP - certification is a plus
- Minimum 3 years of experience preparing as-is process documentation, to-be process documentation, and performing detailed gap analysis
- Ability to have successfully completed multiple, complex technical projects
- Experience in project conceptualization and planning
- Ability to communicate in a clear and concise professional manner, tailored to the appropriate audience; including both verbal and written communications
- Ability to lead and work multi-functionally within a business unit team and have strong influencing skills
- Able to handle multiple priorities and complex tasks in a dynamic work environment
- Experience preparing end-user documentation and conducting end-user training
- Business Analysis experience in a high-tech (preferable software) company a plus
- Business process reengineering experience, Six Sigma certification etc. is a plus
Working at a high-tech cybersecurity company within Information Technology is a once in a lifetime opportunity. You’ll be joined with the brightest minds in technology, creating, building, and supporting tools and that enable our global teams on the front line of defense against cyberattacks. We’re joined by one mission – but driven by the impact of that mission and what it means to protect our way of life in the digital age. Join a dynamic and fast-paced team that feels excitement at the prospect of a challenge and feels a thrill at resolving technical gaps that inhibit productivity.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together. To learn more about our dedication to inclusion and innovation, visit our Life at Palo Alto Networks page and our diversity website.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace and provide equal consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Additionally, we are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals. If you require assistance or an accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at accommodations@