Business Systems Analyst (BSA)
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
The Business Systems Analyst (BSA), acts as a liaison between IT and business functions, to help build business solutions. BSA works with IT Development teams on getting solutions and changes implemented, from turning business requirements into designs and actionable tasks, project definition and planning, to testing and go-live. In this role, you will work with multiple product and business teams to architect the solution for our business and systems.
● Design solutions and processes for multiple business systems – CPQ, Salesforce, SAP and other custom applications
● Understanding broader business drivers to map business needs to process & functional solution design
● Work closely with a multi-functional team to understand business requirements and then partner closely with IT development team for the creation of functional business requirements, process flow diagrams, and business cases
● Accountable for the timely delivery of projects as per established roadmaps
● Establish relationships with multiple business teams for new solution features and technical support
● Develop future solution strategies by working closely with Business and IT Development teams
● Build and present functional and technical design including data analysis to the business team, and gather feedback to influence solution design and approach
● Utilize business knowledge and expertise to drive business process improvements
● Facilitate review sessions with functional owners and end-user representatives
● Participate in end to end implementation planning including project management, issue management, communication and management change
● Writing, reviewing and executing QA and UAT test scripts
● Running UAT with end users including scenario staging, coordination and user acceptance sign-off
● Degree in Information Systems or a related discipline, an advanced degree would be a plus
● Experience in one or many of CPQ, Salesforce, SAP - certification is a plus
● Minimum 3 years of experience preparing as-is process documentation, to-be process documentation, and performing a detailed gap analysis
● Ability to have successfully completed multiple, complex technical projects
● Experience in project conceptualization and planning
● Ability to communicate in a clear and concise professional manner, tailored to the appropriate audience; including both verbal and written communications
● Ability to lead and work multi-functionally within a business unit team and have strong influencing skills
● Able to handle multiple priorities and complex tasks in a dynamic work environment
● Experience preparing end-user documentation and conducting end-user training
● Business Analysis experience in a high-tech (preferable software) company a plus
● Business process reengineering experience, Six Sigma certification etc. is a plus
Working at a high-tech cybersecurity company within Information Technology is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity. You’ll join the brightest minds in technology, creating, building, and supporting tools and enabling our global teams on the front line of defense against cyberattacks.
We’re connected by one mission but driven by the impact of that mission and what it means to protect our way of life in the digital age. Join a dynamic and fast-paced team of people who feel excited by the prospect of a challenge and feel a thrill at resolving technical gaps that inhibit productivity.
We’re trailblazers who dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: We can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at email@example.com.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.