Resident Engineer - Houston
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
The Resident Engineer is an integral part of our mission within our Professional Services team. As a Resident Engineer, you will work on-site with our customer(s) supporting our mission to help them quickly and completely adopt our Security Operating Platform, leaving them more secure. This is a highly technical, hands-on role and you will develop and maintain expertise level skillsets on our products and solutions deployed within the customer's environment.
- Work full-time at the customer site
- Communicate with the
customer(s), sales teams, peers, engineering and support teams as appropriate
- Understand the customer environment, requirements, and security roadmap to implement the appropriate security solution
- Configure, implement, and maintain Security Operating Platform
- Optimize and migrate policies and objects from the existing environment to our Next-Gen Firewall
- Test and validate the migration environment
- Coordinate and execute cutover to production
- Provide guidance on code upgrades
- Facilitate the development of
newapplication and threat signatures
- Interact with our Technical Assistance Center (TAC) to understand and diagnose support cases
- Some travel may be required, dependent on customer request
- You work with the customer's security & network teams to build confidence across the business units impacted by the change to Palo Alto Networks
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience with network/security solutions and technologies
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience leading security solutions in large environments
- Detailed technical experience in the installation, configuration, and operation of high-end firewall appliances, ideally Palo Alto Networks products
- Experience in internetworking, LAN, and WAN technologies
- Have a good understanding of Internet protocols and applications
- Possess the following industry certifications: CISSP, CCNA, CNSE, JNCIE-SEC
- Effectively handle multiple projects and work calmly in high pressure
- Excellent writer, with strong verbal communication skills, with demonstrable ability to communicate to senior leaders and technical peers
Our professional services team is critical to our success and mission. As part of this team, you enable customer success by providing support to clients post-sale. Our dedication to our customers doesn’t stop once they sign – it evolves.
As threats and technology evolve, we stay in step to accomplish our mission. You’ll be involved in implementing new products, transitioning from old products to new, and will fix integrations and critical issues as they are raised. But you won’t wait for them to be raised, you’ll seek them out, too. We fix and identify technical problems, with a pointed focus of providing the best customer support in the industry.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at email@example.com.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.