Technical Writer (Demisto)
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
We are the global cybersecurity leader, known for always challenging the security status quo. Our mission is to protect our way of life in the digital age by preventing successfulcyberattacks. This has given us the privilege of safely enabling tens of thousands of organizations and their customers. Our pioneering Security Operating Platform emboldens their digital transformation with continuous innovation that seizes the latest breakthroughs in security, automation, and analytics. By delivering a true platform and empowering a growing ecosystem of change-makers like us, we provide highly effective and innovative cybersecurity across clouds, networks, and mobile devices.
- Produce customer-facing documentation including release notes, user guides, and help topics
- Perform hands-on product testing and work with developers, UX, PMs, customers, SEs, and CS to gather information required to understand the problems our users are facing and the ways our product helps to solve them
- Work with product and development teams to audit UI text and provide UI feedback
- 2-4 years of proven technical writing experience
- Proven experience authoring API documentation
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to ask the right questions
- Ability to see the big picture and proven track record of writing concepts and tasks from scratch
- Strong initiative and ability to work independently and as part of a team, Work under pressure, and maintain focus while keeping a sense of humor
- Ability to learn new technologies in short time to find out not only how something works, but also when and why to use a configuration/setting
- Knowledge and background in cybersecurity – nice to have
- Experience with topic-based writing (DITA or XML authoring) and structured authoring tools such as Adobe FrameMaker – nice to have
- Video tutorial creation (Camtasia), and/or proficiency developing illustrations (Adobe Illustrator or PowerPoint) – nice to have
The technical documentation at Demisto is dynamic; we’re involved with, and influence all aspects of the product: user guides, UX writing, videos, and more. Our writers are the bridge between engineering and customers, and play an important role in delivering high-quality customer experiences.
More information about Demisto product can be found HERE.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.