Business Analyst- Strategy
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
Palo Alto Networks is now looking for a data professional for the role of Business Intelligence Analyst. You will use your business insight and technical knowledge to define, develop and deliver Business Intelligence and Analytics solutions for your internal customers, and you will work with the Business to understand their changing requirements and measure impacts of those changes. You will be part of the APAC Strategy team.
- Partner with business stakeholders to understand APAC strategy and be a core member to support strategy formulation and execution of key tracks
- Drive customer segmentation, market intelligence, competitive intelligence and industry trends formulation, enhancement or adoption across APAC
- Develop key metrics, generate appropriate business analysis, validate business hypotheses, and communicate remotely or present insights to the leadership team assisting in data driven decision making
- Work with cross functional teams to assist and lead analytical deep dives to identify the root cause and mitigation opportunities and specific actions to contribute
- Analyze large data sets to identify, evaluate and prioritize new opportunities to grow and optimize the business through analytics, financial modeling, and business case development
- Build rich, interactive, and Executive-facing dashboards to track the progress of the business and its highest priority initiatives
- Bachelor's degree (statistics, computer science, or math preferred). MBA preferred
- 7+ years' of experience in Analytics, within the relevant domains of B2B sales, IT product, or analytics
- Demonstrates experience, familiarity and ease with handling large data sets and crunching numbers
- Validated experience with data visualization and business intelligence tools or packages (Tableau, Einstein, Redash, etc)
- Experience supporting a strategy team including strong understanding in the cause and effect relationships of various support KPIs and metrics to process, headcount, staffing and/or capacity
- Exposure to CRM systems, e.g. Salesforce, and G-suite
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, combined with strong business discernment and an ability to communicate analysis in a clear and compelling manner
- Critical thinking and mental flexibility to be able to understand both the details of the problem, as well as, the big picture/business solution
- Exhibits exceptional written and verbal communication skill with the ability to translate complex problems into simpler terms, and effectively influence both peers and senior leadership
- Prefers data-directed decisions and highly results-oriented
- Data manipulation and transformation skills
- Big data technologies (Hadoop, Spark, Hive, Drill, Pig, etc.) a plus
As a part of the APAC Strategy team, you'll be using data to help the Business in making informed business strategy decisions. You’ll work cross-functionally with other teams and Executives to perform analyses and build data visualizations, so management can quickly and accurately gain insights on issues and opportunities and be able to take actions. You’ll be involved in various long term and short term projects taking from conception to execution
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at email@example.com.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.