Technical Project Manager / Senior Technical Project Manager
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
In addition to your thought leadership and creativity, you will partner closely with IT Software Engineers, Product Managers, Engineering, Legal, Finance, Revenue, Sales, Sales Operations, Operations, and Global Customer Support to ensure new offerings are robust and the experience for our customers and partners is seamless. Having a software engineering background and experience supporting the business functions listed is critical for success in this challenging and rewarding role.
You will be responsible for leading technical projects to build custom applications and enhance business systems. We are looking for someone with solid project management and organization skills complemented by a strong technical background. You will work with a team of senior level managers and highly technical engineers to lead complex IT projects. The role will collaborate with multiple engineering and business organizations, understand and align with their needs, and take independent end-to-end responsibility for release of new business capabilities to production.
- Be a binding force for the team that multiplies the overall effectiveness of developers
- Take high level ambiguous information and turn it into solidified detailed plans that get results
- Full project ownership, including the understanding of scope, planning resource needs with inputs from other stakeholders, and uncovering dependencies
- Define and manage project schedules, dependencies, deliverables and responsibilities
- Provide leadership to the multi-functional teams by defining clear, realistic goals
- Clear barriers to team progress and handle the resolution/mitigation of project risks and issues
- Continuously drive the teams to improve quality as well as sustainability in production
- 5+ years of Technical Project Management experience for complex IT projects in a scrum environment
- Ability to track developer progress against user stories, develop burn down charts to assess sprint velocity and manage the overall release
- Good working knowledge of Infrastructure, Software development and conceptual familiarity with newest technologies such as AWS, Google Cloud, micro-services, and SOA
- Expertise in SDLC, change and project management methodologies, concepts, practices, procedures and standards
- Strong written and verbal communication, with ability to communicate to executives, managers and engineers
- Experience working with engineering teams on defining projects, collecting requirements, writing detailed functional and test specifications, coordinating efforts to scope, schedule, and deploy new features sets
- Adept at resolving cross-team conflicts, and quickly narrowing down to win-win solutions
- Executive presentation skills and demonstrated experience in running program meeting
Working at a high-tech cybersecurity company within Information Technology is a once in a lifetime opportunity. You’ll be joined with the brightest minds in technology, creating, building, and supporting tools and that enable our global teams on the front line of defense against cyberattacks. We’re joined by one mission – but driven by the impact of that mission and what it means to protect our way of life in the digital age. Join a dynamic and fast-paced team that feels excitement at the prospect of a challenge and feels a thrill at resolving technical gaps that inhibit productivity.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together. To learn more about our dedication to inclusion and innovation, visit our Life at Palo Alto Networks page and our diversitywebsite.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
Additionally, we are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or an accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.