Senior Product Manager (Cloud/SaaS Security)
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
As Palo Alto Networks continues building a world-class product management organization in Cloud/SaaS security, we are looking for top-notch product managers to lead our product to the next level. As a Senior Product Manager in the Cloud/SaaS security Data Protection team, you will be responsible for driving products and features to secure cloud applications and delivering functionality with a keen focus on competitive differentiation – resulting in continued hyper-growth and customer success. You will be involved throughout all stages of the product life cycle (conception, definition, development, release and post-release activities), feature selection and GTM activities. You will also work very closely with product managers across our broader team.
To be successful in this position you must possess a combination of strong business acumen and technical capabilities as well as have a passion for data protection in the cloud. You will be expected to understand market trends including the competitive landscape and be able to combine your industry knowledge with customer requirements. You are a super-star presenter that customers and sales teams ask for by name and you must be comfortable with frequent and in-depth interactions with customers, SEs, architects, etc. You have had demonstrated and notable success working with top-notch Engineering teams delivering world-class products. Demonstrated expertise with techniques like Machine Learning are highly desired. You must also have excellent cross-functional skills with a special emphasis on enabling our world-class sales force.
- Translate customer business needs into product strategy and technology requirements as part of market and product requirements
- Develop and manage your product roadmap and communicate the roadmap to customers, prospects and key stakeholders
- Write epics and user stories and drive Agile SW development teams
- Work with UI/UX designers and developers to deliver high-quality workflows, look-and-feel, etc.
- Drive GTM activities including working with product marketing teams to develop persuasive and exciting marketing and sales enablement collateral including competitive material
- Be a hands-on Product Manager that is comfortable performing product demos to customers, prospects, and partners
- BA/BS in a technical field; MBA is preferred
- 3-5+ years in product management – at least 1-2 years in the Security domain
- Expertise in one or more areas: CASB, Secure Web Gateway, Firewall, DLP, Encryption
- Experience and working knowledge in public cloud environments – AWS, GCP, Azure
- Very strong (written and verbal) communication and presentation skills
- Strong interpersonal and cross-functional skills
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills
- Proven success in fast-paced environments
We are changing how the world experiences cyber-security. Every day, your design decisions will be seen by security experts and impact the way large and small organizations protect their businesses and constituents. We believe the best type of work occurs when small multi-discipline teams put their heads and skills together to solve problems and come up with solutions that delight and empower users. We trust these teams not merely to pull it off, but also to continuously sharpen our vision. Users lead the way. We let the people who use our product inform where we are going and try as often as we can to let our observations lead decision-making. It feels good to know you are solving real problems for real people.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together. To learn more about our dedication to inclusion and innovation, visit our Life at Palo Alto Networks page and our diversity website.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
Additionally, we are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or an accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.