Finance Business Manager, R&D
At Palo Alto Networks®, everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish — but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
Palo Alto Networks is looking for an experienced finance professional to join its R&D Infrastructure Finance team as a Finance Business Manager. We’re looking for a self-starter with strong analytical skills, an effective communicator, and a leader passionate for driving change in a dynamic fast-paced environment.
This role will be responsible for managing and forecasting spend across Product and Engineering across CSPs, identifying and executing on cost-saving opportunities, providing engineering teams meaningful visibility into spend, and empowering finance to understand and incorporate the complexities of cloud costs.
- Design and maintain the technology and processes to automate data ingestion of forecast, usage, utilization, and other data to offer insight and optimization opportunities into our cloud spend
- Develop an in-depth understanding of key business drivers of cloud spend in order to communicate how these drivers impact spend. Dive deep into detailed billing reporting to get a granular view of our current spend and model that information against usage to help calculate efficiency and forecast spend
- Collaborate with Product and Engineering across our Company to establish alignment and provide deeper meaning to cost and usage data
- Build, manage and maintain models including spend dashboards and other weekly / monthly / quarterly analysis
- Drive and provide support for ad-hoc strategic and financial analyses related to usage and spend across CSPs
- Bachelor degree in Economics/Finance, MBA from top tier institution or equivalent-experience preferred
- 6~10 years related experience showing strong career progression; prior experience managing CSP spend (GCP, AWS, Azure) a plus
- Excellent analytical and financial modeling skills, with understanding of software, appliances and/or internet industry business models
- Capable of seamlessly moving from the big picture to the details and back. Effective presentation skills with the ability to communicate complex topics in a distilled manner
- Strong team player, and independent thinker, with high intellectual and emotional intelligence
- Deadline-driven, organized, and able to multi-task with the willingness to adapt to the rapid business and organizational demands that result from a high-growth environment
- Experience with and/or a willingness to master various financial systems, including SAP, BPC, Tableau, and other BI tools
You have a passion for numbers, our organization has a passion for cybersecurity. You’re looking for career with a more fulfilling mission. We have open positions to top talent seeking a financial challenge. Our finance department deals with number daily, supporting infrastructure, dealing in automation, building elegant models and solutions to empower our business lines and solutions. The ideal candidate has exceptional skills in financial modeling and analytics and an innovative mindset to approach finance problems differently. Our innovation doesn’t stay in Research and Development. Within finance, we seek people who are looking to try new things, while solving business critical equations. If you’re seeking a financial challenge but with a world-wide impact – this is it.
We’re trailblazers who dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: We can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at email@example.com.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.