Architect (Public Cloud Security)
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission: protecting our way of life in the digital age by preventing successful cyberattacks. It’s not a small goal. It isn’t simple either, but we aren’t in this for the easy answer. As a company with a foundation in challenging the way things are done, we’re looking for innovators with a dedication to best. In return, your career will have a tangible impact – one that's working toward technology that affects every level of society.
Our mission doesn’t happen by treading softly – no, it happens by defining an industry. It means building products that haven't been thought of. It means selling products with a solutions mindset. It means supporting the infrastructure of a company that moves at an incredible speed – intentionally – to stay ahead of the world’s next cyberthreat.
We are seeking a passionate, hands-on Principal Architect to help us build the industry most comprehensive and scalable Cloud Threat Defense Platform. SaaS platform is experiencing massive enterprise adoption - we ingest terabytes of data a week and growing exponentially. We are looking for someone who enjoys solving hard problems, coaching engineers on writing high quality and scalable code, can write code themselves, and inspires us to improve our SaaS architecture. You will guide the technical approaches for several projects at once, working with our engineers to craft a system that's scalable, reliable and delightful to our customers.
- Own software architecture and technical approach across the platform
- Design and architect distributed, scalable, microservices based systems
- Collaborate with the engineering team to drive key design decisions, document and communicate architectural expectations, and ensuring alignment
- Hold engineers to the highest expectations and provide feedback on code and architectural approaches implemented by the team
- Help teams disassemble and address complex technical issues
- Know the latest industry trends and evaluate new technologies for appropriateness of applications
- Ensure software components have a clear separation of concerns yet still function smoothly as a concerted group
- Partner with product management to define product requirements and influence overall product direction
- 10+ years’ experience building highly performant software applications
- Excellent programming and design skills
- Substantial experience in building distributed SaaS multi-tenant systems, REST APIs, and microservices that work on petabytes of data, using any of the big data stores
- Mastery in SQL concepts, writing high performance queries.
- Understand non-functional implications to design like security, data migration, deployment, etc.
- Know how to separate concerns and communicate the vision clearly to the team
- Good understanding of working with large datasets in real time environment
- Demonstrated passion for continuous development - CI/CD
- Technical curiosity – wanting to understand how things work and how they could work better
- Customer-first and results-first mindset and the ability to make practical choices when making engineering choices
- Experience with at least one of the public cloud platforms such as AWS, Azure or GCP
- Experience in building security products a plus
- Open source contributions preferred
- Experience presenting/sharing in public forums a plus
To stay ahead of the curve, it’s critical to know where the curve is, and how to anticipate the changes we’re facing. For the fastest growing cybersecurity company, the curve is the evolution of cyberattacks, and the products and services that proactively address them. Our engineering team is at the core of our products – connected directly to the mission of preventing cyberattacks. They are constantly innovating – challenging the way we, and the industry, think about cybersecurity. These engineers aren’t shy about creating products to solve problems no one has tackled before. They define the industry, instead of waiting for directions. We need individuals who feel comfortable in ambiguity, excited by the prospect of challenge, and empowered by the unknown risks facing our everyday lives that are only enabled by a secure digital environment.
Our engineering team is provided with an unrivaled opportunity to build the products and practices that will support our company growth over the next decade, defining the cybersecurity industry as we know it. If you see the potential of how incredible people products can transform a business, this is the team for you. If you don’t wait for directions, instead, identifying new features and opportunities we have to just get better, this is your new career.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together. To learn more about our dedication to inclusion and innovation, visit our Life at Palo Alto Networks page and our diversity website.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
Additionally, we are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or an accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.