Order Fulfillment Specialist
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
The Order Fulfillment Specialist will work as part of the Order Fulfillment team, ensuring the accurate and timely processing of a high volume of hardware and software purchase orders. You will work out of our Amsterdam office and will report to a manager in our Santa Clara headquarters. The role demands incredible attention to detail, the ability to work as part of a team and on one’s own, a desire to learn systems and process very quickly and the skills to adapt to ever-changing business requirements. This position requires team members to be available to work extended hours at the end of each month and the fiscal quarter.
- Processes hardware, software and support orders in a timely and accurate manner
- Adhere to Palo Alto Network’s internal order booking policy and SOX procedures
- Works closely with the Sales Operations department to resolve any customer purchase order/quote issues
- Manages backlog daily
- Reconciles discrepancies in orders and shipments
- Participates in staff meetings
- Drives departmental goals and objectives
- Works closely with internal cross-functional groups and contract manufacturer to resolve any fulfillment issues
- Works with IT to drive system enhancements to allow for ease of booking
- Meets all internal SLAs (especially 24-hour turn-around time and 99.95% booking accuracy)
- Effectively uses a case management tool to process orders and inquiries
- Supports Finance in solving A/R discrepancies, sales order related issues, etc.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent related job experience
- Background in operations, customer service, order fulfillment/management, and back end supply chain (Includes understanding of contract manufacturer fulfillment model)
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Understanding of basic revenue recognition principles
- Experience with Backlog Management
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and interpersonal skills with the ability to interact with all levels of management
- Team-centered attitude with a proven ability to work cross-functionally
- Proven ability to use initiative
- Ability to adapt in a rapidly changing environment
- Organizational ability
- Attention to detail and consistent follow-through on tasks
- Excellent computer skills (MS Excel, Outlook)
- Computer aptitude to learn new tools as needed
Our Manufacturing team is a team of specialists with extensive business and project management experience in the contract manufacturing industry. This team has a dedication to success and a consistent track record of success in all aspects of supply chain and project management. We’re dedicated to growing production, reducing operating costs, and improving product quality by utilizing extraordinary Manufacturing concepts to optimize supply chain processes and strategies.
Our manufacturing team leadership establishes clear objectives, defining and implementing profit improvement and profiling inventory management, valuation, and lead-time improvement programs. If you have a passion for extensive end-to-end manufacturing and supply chain with the knowledge and experience, we want you!
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together. To learn more about our dedication to inclusion and innovation, visit our Life at Palo Alto Networks page and our diversity website.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.Additionally, we are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or an accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.