Business Systems Analyst - Manufacturing Operations
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission: protecting our way of life in the digital age by preventing successful
Our mission doesn’t happen by treading softly – no, it happens by defining an industry. It means building products that haven't been thought of. It means selling products with a solutions mindset. It means supporting the infrastructure of a company that moves at an incredible speed – intentionally – to stay ahead of the world’s next cyberthreat.
Palo Alto Networks is a fast-paced, rapidly growing environment that will require flexibility to roll up your sleeves and participate in various roles to deliver success. In this role, you will be responsible for working with key business functions and other strategic business partners to enable new business models, assist with merger and acquisition strategy related to Operations, and deliver creative capabilities and process improvements to support the growing business.
The Business Systems Analyst (BSA), acts as liaison between IT and business functions, to help build business solutions. BSA works with IT Development teams on getting solutions and changes implemented, from turning business requirements into designs and actionable tasks, project definition and planning, to testing and go-live. In this role, you will work with WW Operations teams (including but not limited to order Fulfillment ,Reverse Logistics, Trade,Procurement ,Planning ,Supply Chain , Quality teams ) and other cross-functional teams to architect the solution for our business and systems.
- Understanding broader business drivers to map business needs to process & functional solution design
- Build proofs-of-concept (POC) for potential new solutions and technologies
- Work very closely with WW Operations team to understand business requirements and then partner closely with IT development team for creation of functional business requirements, process flow diagrams, and business cases
- Accountable for the timely delivery of projects as per established roadmaps by working closely with the business teams
- Manage relationships with multiple business teams for new solution features and technical support
- Develop future solution strategies by working closely with Business and IT Development teams
- Create and present functional and technical design including data analysis to business team, and gather feedback to influence solution design and approach
- Leverage business knowledge and expertise to drive business process improvements
- Facilitate requirements gathering and process mapping workshop
- Facilitate review sessions with functional owners and end-user representatives
- Perform gap analysis: as is vs. to be
- Participate in end to end implementation planning including project management, issue management, communication and change management
- Writing and reviewing QA and UAT test scripts
- Managing UAT with end users including coordination and user acceptance sign-off
- Bachelors degree in Information Systems or related discipline, Masters degree preferred.
- Strong global / multinational core process experience with OTC, P2P ,QM and SCM
- Deep knowledge and understanding of BI , SAP SD, MM, P2P and QM is required.
- Good understanding of SFDC ,CPQ , Licensing systems
- Minimum 6 years of experience as Business Analyst working with Operations functional areas such as Quote, Order , Delivery , RMA, GTS , Quality Module and understands the full OTC process
- Minimum 6 years of experience preparing as-is process documentation, to-be process documentation, and performing detailed gap analysis
- Demonstrated ability to have successfully completed multiple, complex technical projects
- Demonstrated experience in project conceptualization and planning
- Ability to communicate in a clear and concise professional manner, tailored to the appropriate audience; including both verbal and written communications.
- Ability to lead and work collaboratively within a business unit team and have strong influencing skills
- Must be able to manage multiple priorities and complex tasks in a dynamic work environment
- Must have experience preparing end-user documentation and conducting end-user training
- Business Analysis experience in a high-tech (preferable software) company highly desirable.
- Project Management experience a plus
- Business process reengineering experience, Six Sigma certification etc. is a plus.
Our Manufacturing and Operations team is a team of professionals with extensive business and project management experience in the contract manufacturing industry. This team has a record of
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together. To learn more about our dedication to inclusion and innovation, visit our Life at Palo Alto Networks page and our diversity website.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
Additionally, we are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or