Senior IT Observability Engineer
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
This position will be a part of a new Operations Infrastructure team and will be working and partnering with our Network, Compute, Security, Database, Applications, and additional teams to provide availability, reliability, and observability for our global IT infrastructure environments. You will help with building our next-generation IT operations through Automation, Code, Analytics, and continuous improvement.
We are looking for analytical, agile, and influential leaders who can quickly deliver meaningful results and solutions with the flexibility to accommodate evolving business needs and shifting priorities. Are you a motivated, intelligent, creative, and hardworking individual who wants to contribute and make a difference? If yes, this job is for you!
- Design and implement network, compute and application-level monitoring solutions
- Implement integrated and automated processes that drive operational excellence
- Advise on industry best practices as it relates to new product selection
- Drive operational cadences around business planning and performance management to ensure the efficient running of the IT org.
- Lead development of IT metrics and dashboard
- Provides regular status, operational reports, incident and change reports
- Partner with IT leaders to understand the Infrastructure needs for their respective functions
- Excellent problem-solving skills; ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Ability to work independently; works well under pressure
- Possess solid communication skills, and will be comfortable working in a fast-paced technical environment
- First-hand experience with Enterprise infrastructure and application monitoring and reporting tools
- Advantage for hands-on experience with Datadog, SolarWinds, Pingdom, PagerDuty, ServiceNow or other similar platforms
- Background knowledge of network and security technologies
- Knowledge of containers and orchestration (e.g., Docker, Kubernetes)
- Infrastructure as Code knowledge - Terraform, Ansible, Git, Puppet
- Exposure to Public Cloud Platforms - GCP (preferred), AWS.
Working at a high-tech cybersecurity company within Information Technology is a once in a lifetime opportunity. You’ll be joined with the brightest minds in technology, creating, building, and supporting tools and that enable our global teams on the front line of defense against cyberattacks. We’re joined by one mission – but driven by the impact of that mission and what it means to protect our way of life in the digital age. Join a dynamic and fast-paced team that feels excitement at the prospect of a challenge and feels a thrill at resolving technical gaps that inhibit productivity.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at email@example.com.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.