Sr. AR Analyst
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
Palo Alto Networks is looking for a Senior Accounts Receivable Analyst to help drive external and internal customer service quality and accounts receivable process efficiencies through the Company’s continued high pace of growth. This person will perform accounts receivable tasks while working with key stakeholders, support projects, and participate in process improvements in a fast-paced environment.
- Resolve invoice disputes and other billing inquiries from customers
- Analyze customers’ accounts, research and resolve billing discrepancies
- Generate manual invoices as needed
- Identify and collaborate on solutions for accounts receivable process deficiencies
- Review customer contracts for billing terms
- Monitor non-standard billings and ensure proper invoicing
- Provide proof of performance to distributors for professional services billings
- Compile work details from various systems as required for professional services
- Perform cash posting exception handling in cash application tool and ensure proper posting in general ledger
- Partner cross-functionally with Credit and Collections, Revenue, Operations, Sales, Tax and IT departments to resolve accounts receivable matters
- Maintain and update customer records and contacts
- Participate in the worldwide accounts receivable close, including preparation of monthly journal entries and reconciliations
- Prepare schedules to support external audit and internal team deliverables
- Perform user acceptance testing of new system implementations as required
- Ensure compliance with SOX 404 key controls
- Assist with ad hoc reporting, analysis, and special projects
- Reconcile the accounts receivable ledger accounts to ensure that all payments are accounted for and properly posted
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance
- Minimum 5+ years' experience
- Experience with SAP ERP, High Radius, Concur, Clarizen, Salesforce are a plus
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office with intermediate knowledge of MS Excel, including formulas to enhance efficiency
- Excellent customer service, proactive, and strong work ethic
- Solid organizational skills with attention to detail
- Effective verbal and written communication skills with all levels of management and cross-functional organizations
- Works well autonomously with the ability to manage priorities and execute under pressure
- Strong problem-solving skills, research and resolution skills, and data analysis
- Perform at high levels in a fast-paced ever-changing work environment
Our Accounts Receivable team responds to external and internal requests daily, supports non-standard transactions, and works cross-functionally with key stakeholders. The ideal candidate has a keen eye for detail, high level of accuracy, resourceful, organizational and time management skills. We partner closely with credit and collections, order fulfillment, revenue, and other operational stakeholders to ensure proper billings and provide solutions to our customers’ needs. If you have a passion for customer service, want to enhance your accounts receivable experience, and seeking to be part of a team that is solving challenging problems – this is it.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together. To learn more about our dedication to inclusion and innovation, visit our Life at Palo Alto Networks page and our diversity website.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
Additionally, we are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or an accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at email@example.com.