Senior Data Scientist
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
As a Senior Data Scientist you will be responsible for building AI and Data Science models with a main focus on mining insights from text corpora. You will need to rapidly prototype various algorithmic implementations and test their efficacy using appropriate experimental design and hypothesis validation.
This role will have a significant impact on the success of our data science projects ranging from choosing which projects should be undertaken, to delivering the highest quality solutions, ultimately enabling our business processes and products with AI and Data Science solutions.
● Use analytical rigor and statistical methods, programming, data modeling, simulation, and advanced mathematics to analyze large amounts of data, recognizing patterns, identifying opportunities, posing business questions, and making valuable discoveries
● Understand and analyze data sources including sampling biases, accuracy, and coverage
● Break apart problems scientifically, providing insight into your recommendations and findings to both technical and non-technical partners
● Research new ways for modeling and predictive behavior for large scale projects
● Generate and test hypotheses, designing experiments to answer targeted questions of advanced complexity
● Collaborate with data engineers to identify data preparation, cleansing, and ETL pipelines
● Documents projects including business objectives, data gathering and processes, leading approaches, final algorithm, and detailed set of results and analytical metrics
● Validate score performance
● BS in Computer Science, Statistics, Artificial Intelligence with a heavy focus on NLP/text mining, or a related field with 3+ years of relevant industry experience
Preferred Education & Experience
● MS in Computer Science, Computational Linguistics, Artificial Intelligence with a heavy focus on NLP/text mining with 2+ years of relevant industry experience
● The candidate should have a minimum of 5 years’ experience in data science research
● Evidence of innovation in machine learning approaches in machine learning systems and data development
● Experience designing unsupervised machine learning algorithms using big data sets
● Experience with TensorFlow, Keras, SpaCy, Gensim, Word2Vec, NLTK, pyTorch, or other Machine Learning and / or Natural Language Processing Tools
● Distributed computing platforms, such as Spark, Hadoop (Hive, HBase, Pig) and big query
● Familiarity with Google Cloud Platform
To stay ahead of the curve, it’s critical to know where the curve is, and how to anticipate the changes we may be facing. For the fastest growing cybersecurity company, the curve is the evolution of cyberattacks, and the products and services that proactively address them. As a predictive enterprise environment, we analyze petabytes of data that pass through our walls daily and we hire the most talented minds in data science to build creative predictive analytics and data science solutions for our cybersecurity solutions.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.