At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
This is an opportunity to join a dynamic legal department and a growing privacy team at a fast-paced company. The Palo Alto Networks Privacy Team works with all teams across Palo Alto Networks to incorporate privacy in everything we do, by providing guidance, education, and tools, to facilitate the adoption of our products and to make Palo Alto Networks a trusted brand for privacy and security.
We are seeking a self-starter, who enjoys working collaboratively as well as driving projects independently. This position is located in the Santa Clara, California office.
This Privacy Counsel position will report to the Senior Director, Global Privacy, and will be part of the global Technology, Transactions, and Privacy legal group.
- Work with commercial attorneys on the team at the global level to facilitate negotiation of privacy and security terms with customers and with suppliers, by providing training, templates, contract reviews, and support in negotiations
- Support all members of the legal team, including public affairs, in addressing privacy requirements as they impact or apply to their areas of responsibility
- Support privacy compliance efforts by working with all stakeholders across the company to conduct privacy reviews and data protection impact assessments for vendors and applications
- Partner with the Information Security and Information Technology teams to implement best practices for management and protection of personal information and to develop appropriate policies and standards
- Support the product teams in applying privacy by design and in developing and rolling out privacy collateral for customers and partners
- Develop and deliver training and communications on privacy topics
- Manage outside counsel on privacy matters
- Qualified to practice in at least one U.S. state, preferably California, with a law degree from a reputable law school
- 5+ years of relevant privacy experience in the technology sector
- Working knowledge of national and international privacy laws, including HIPAA as it applies to Business Associates
- Experience and negotiation expertise on cloud computing transactions and procurement contracts
- Teamwork and ability to work efficiently with cross-functional teams and manage numerous projects simultaneously under deadline pressure
- Sense of humor, excellent interpersonal skills, business judgment, strategic thinking, superior work ethic, flexibility and ability to work independently
- Superior language, written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in network security or other high technology companies preferred
The legal team at Palo Alto Networks is a dynamic team that impacts all go-to-market aspects of the business every day. The team is immersed in developing new programs and evolving existing ones to scale across Palo Alto Networks’ entire technology portfolio. You will work closely with teams from other departments to immerse yourself in the ins and outs of our business to support it from a legal perspective. Our legal team is an essential resource on a global basis, impacting and driving our products and services.
You’re passionate about legalities in a way that drives solutions. You think creatively on the legal team, but with a higher purpose, driven by our mission to protect our digital lives.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at email@example.com.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.