Director, Safety and Security Operations
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission: protecting our way of life in the digital age by preventing successful cyberattacks. It’s not a small goal. It isn’t simple either, but we aren’t in this for the easy answer. As a company with a foundation in challenging the way things are done, we’re looking for innovators with a dedication to best. In return, your career will have a tangible impact – one that's working toward technology that affects every level of society.
Our mission doesn’t happen by treading softly – no, it happens by defining an industry. It means building products that haven't been thought of. It means selling products with a solutions mindset. It means supporting the infrastructure of a company that moves at an incredible speed – intentionally – to stay ahead of the world’s next cyberthreat.
In this newly created opportunity, we are looking for an extraordinary Director of Safety and Security Operations, with a passion for protecting the health and safety of employees, corporate assets, including people, property and information. You will build and lead a program to deliver international programs, products and services related to the Safety & Security business function. Reporting to the Sr. Director of Global Safety & Security, you will work closely with Finance, IT, HR, Risk, Engineering, Sales and the Real Estate & Facilities team. We are seeking a colleague who enjoys working independently but collaboratively in a collegial team environment within a fast-paced and dynamic company.
Available locations for this opportunity includes Plano, TX, Reston VA and Santa Clara, CA.
- Creativity counts! Work with senior leadership – and ultimately every employee – to translate company culture, values, and strategies into practical application for safety and security. We don’t want static “standards”, but we do want to clearly articulate certain principles and guidelines, as well as a continuously-evolving collection of best practices.
- Manage a high performing team of safety and security professionals around the world
- Build post-pandemic operational plans and playbooks
- Ownership and accountability for all safety and security incidents and escalations, as well as the response to them
- Operate as the global SME for all operational safety and physical security matters concerning Palo Alto Networks and its employees
- Lead the identification, selection, career development and supervision of Safety and Security Operations Managers and support the Project Managers, Program Managers, Outsourced partners and subject matter experts as required to deliver products and services. You will also find and engage with best-in-class experts.
- Work closely with the real estate team to drive the physical & technical due diligence process.
- Deliver all Environmental, Health and Safety initiatives/objectives globally
- Develop and manage budgets, timelines, and resourcing plans for major capital projects.
- Partner effectively with key groups such as IT, Real Estate & Facilities, Procurement, Finance, Legal and HR. Maintain regular communications with a variety of stakeholders, to ensure that all concerned parties are well informed.
- Represent Palo Alto Networks in certain external forums where our SAS program is a focus and leverage regular external interactions to keep Palo Alto Networks on the “leading-edge” of best practices in workplace safety and security.
- Drive both cost and operational efficiency through the program as it scales, while also continuously innovating.
- Be a champion for diversity and inclusion
- Other duties, projects, and initiatives as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required/Master’s degree preferred – with broad exposure to both safety and security-related requirements, as well as strong business acumen skills.
- 10+ years relevant experience in corporate office environmental influencers, to include health, safety and security cultural requirements.
- Candidates MUST have corporate operational safety and security experience in particular in EMEA and/or JAPAC.
- Ability to build the program with growth and change in mind. Capable of leading the efforts to differentiate our offices from other companies, from the perspective of both customers and employees.
- Understand and advise the company as it relates to matters of compliance, efficiency and industry standards.
- Comfortable enough to constantly adapt to the terrain and circumstances of a fast-paced environment.
- Thorough understanding of relevant products and vendors, including EH&S, Systems Technology and Security service providers.
- Ability to set, manage, and deliver within a reasonable budget, as well as the ability to make decisions and trade-offs based on holistic financial metrics. You are detail-oriented, and have both left-brain and right-brain strengths.
- Superior language, written and oral, communication skills required.
- Sense of humor and commitment to professionalism.
- Frequent travel required.
- Dynamic and team oriented, with excellent interpersonal skills, business judgment, strategic thinking, superior work ethic.
- Able to work efficiently with cross-functional teams and manage numerous projects simultaneously under deadline pressure.
- Comfortable with ambiguity
- Flexibility and willingness to work on a broad variety of contractual and related matters.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together. To learn more about our dedication to inclusion and innovation, visit our Life at Palo Alto Networks page and our diversity website.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace and provide equal consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.