Software Engineer - Prisma Cloud Security
At Palo Alto Networks®, everything starts and ends with our mission: Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life. We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are. In return, your career will have a tangible impact – one that's working toward technology that affects every level of society.
Our mission doesn’t happen by treading softly – no, it happens by defining an industry. It means building products that haven't been thought of. It means selling products with a solutions mindset. It means supporting the infrastructure of a company that moves at an incredible speed – intentionally – to stay ahead of the world’s next cyberthreat.
In this role within the Prisma Cloud Security team, you'll be responsible for building products that protect data, workloads, and infrastructure for some of the largest enterprise customers in the world. You'll help the customers in their journey to the public cloud by ensuring they have the best in class protection. The public cloud market has been growing at a very rapid rate for the last few years. As more and more enterprises leverage public cloud, there is an insatiable demand for securing workloads in the public cloud. We are looking for a motivated, intelligent, hardworking and creative entry-level software engineer to join the team and help build and scale this fast-growing cloud service.
● Participate in the complete software development process including requirement analysis, design, development, deployment, and support
● Write clean, testable, readable, scalable and maintainable code that scales and performs well for thousands of customers
● Participate actively in and contribute to design and development discussions
● Partner with quality assurance teams to achieve the best quality
● Work with DevOps and the Technical Support teams to troubleshoot customer issues
● Develop a strong understanding of and be able to explain advanced Cloud Computing and Cloud Security concepts to others
● Further innovation in the organization
● You love to code and build exceptional products and have a strong foundation in computer science fundamentals
● Highly organized, technically strong, and have a passion or strong interest in cloud technologies
● Enjoy solving challenges in complex environments, and you aren’t deterred by the fact that much of this technology just has not been done before, and you like the prospect of the challenge
● M.S./B.S. degree in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering
● Strong computer science fundamentals in operating systems, data structures and algorithms (e.g. understanding of lock-free data structures, bloom filters, minimal perfect hashing, consistent hashing, etc.)
● Strong Hands-on programming skills in Java or Scala or proficiency in at least 1-2 other programming languages
● Strong fundamentals in distributed computing (understand implications of CAP theorem, master election, split brain problem) and/or distributed DB/KV stores (e.g. Cassandra, MongoDB, RedShift, Vertica, etc.)
● High energy and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment
● Fast learner and eager to absorb new emerging technologies
● Strong collaboration and communication skills
● Experience in one or more cloud platforms and technologies such as AWS, Azure, GCP, Kubernetes is a plus
● Hands-on experience with relational SQL (including window functions, recursion, etc.) and no-SQL technologies is a plus
● Experience with open-source frameworks/servers (Spring, Hibernate, Apache Tomcat) is a plus
● Experience working on big data computing like RDS, Redshift and open source databases like Kafka, MongoDB, Cassandra, Spark, Hadoop and others a big plus
● Security experience is a nice to have, but not required
As the leader of the Public Cloud Security team, you will be responsible for building products that protect data, workloads, and infrastructure for some of the largest enterprise customers in the world. We help the customers in their transitional journey to the cloud by ensuring they have the best-in-class protection. The cloud market has been growing at a rapid rate for the last few years. As more and more enterprises use public cloud, there is an insatiable demand for securing workloads in the public cloud. With our recent acquisition of Prisma Public Cloud, formerly RedLock™, and Evident.io, Palo Alto Networks is the reigning market leader.
We’re trailblazers who dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: We can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at email@example.com.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.