Federal Solutions Architect
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
As a Palo Alto Networks Federal Solutions Architect, you will be the expert for the Federal solutions vertical working across our entire portfolio of solutions from the core, native NGFW and Network Security solutions through Endpoint, Cloud, Behavior Analytics and SaaS. The Federal Solutions Architect will serve on a team as a technical expert and be able to secure, design, architect, and deliver solutions to customers and prospects across the Federal space by leveraging best practices. The architect contributes to the development of new security configuration and industry and regulatory compliance content based on customer needs and provides working examples which are highly innovative and ingenious.
This role is a highly technical, hands-on role and the architect will be required to develop and maintain an expertise on all Palo Alto Network products. This architect will also influence and transform Palo Alto Networks products to maximize Federal customers value and success. The individual engages with Product, Engineering and Sales teams to drive new product content based on customer requirements, cloud provider service announcements and security events.
- As a Federal Solutions Architect, you will be part of the Federal Government team in R&D
- Leverage expertise in Federal needs and Palo Alto Networks products to create reference architectures for Fed customers
- Support proof-of-concept efforts across the Federal space, and help GOTS developers port applications to Cortex
- Drive adoption of our cloud security offerings with Fed customers
- Provide technical content to Government Affairs policy/standards efforts
- Build highly automated solutions to real-world Federal customer leveraging a combination of products and cloud services, allowing customers to realize the best outcomes out of the Palo Alto Networks Platform
- Define the business case for solutions, design the solution to help with prototyping and development, and take solution through to launch and market
- Collaborate with Product Management and Engineering teams on new products/features to ensure professional services technical readiness
- Demonstrate thought leadership across multiple channels and become a trusted advisor to decision makers
- Build a library of Intellectual Property
- Develop and coach appropriate team members
- BS in Computer Science, MIS, business, or equivalent education/training/experience
- Demonstrable experience with systems installation, configuration, and administration of routers/switches, UNIX/Linux and Windows-based systems (prior Active Directory/LDAP experience desirable)
- Experience with network infrastructure-based security appliances including (but not limited to): Firewalls, SSL/IPSec VPNs, Security Proxies and Caches, IDPS, Web Content Filters, Data Loss Prevention, Malware Detection Sandboxes, and SSL Decryption and Analysis
- Experience with Application layer protocols within the TCP/IP stack and analyzing Wireshark PCAPs
- Possess deep knowledge of Military Branches, Pentagon, DoD Commands, the Intelligence Community, and Federal Civilian Agencies
- Experience that emphasizes L2-L4 Networking (L2 Switching architectures including Spanning Tree, IP routing including OSPF and BGP, L4 Load balancing)
- Active Top Secret Clearance required as a minimum, SCI preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Leadership skills, being able to generate enthusiasm and commitment
- Experience architecting and securing workloads in Microsoft Azure; Google Cloud, and AWS
- DevOps or DevSecOps experience is desirable
- Experience working on regulatory or industry compliance efforts (NIST 800-53, FedRAMP, ISO 27001, etc.), and the ability to translate compliance controls into security policies
- Leverage API/SDK in Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery environment (Kubernetes, Docker, Terraform, Jenkins, etc.)
- Established credibility with enterprise level senior executive teams
- Experience coaching within organizations
- Ability to effectively juggle and manage many different tasks simultaneously
- Comprehensive understanding of cyber security concepts, best practices and current threats to our digital way of life
To stay ahead of the curve, it’s critical to know where the curve is, and how to anticipate the changes we’re facing. For the fastest growing cybersecurity company, the curve is the evolution of cyberattacks and the products and services that proactively address them. Our Product Management Team helps us do just that.
Our organization and employees are committed to changing as rapidly as our industry’s threats do, and to do that, we need creative product teams to address emerging cyber threats. They provide the behind-the-scenes support for our products by being a source of information on our products for our systems engineers, staying on top of the environment we sell in, and helping to implement product wide technical solutions based on our client’s feedback and needs. As threats and technology evolve, we stay ahead to accomplish our mission.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together. To learn more about our dedication to inclusion and innovation, visit our Life at Palo Alto Networks page and our diversity website.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
Additionally, we are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or an accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at email@example.com.