At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
Palo Alto Networks is looking for an experienced and knowledgeable individual to support the various analytical and data needs of the Supply Chain Operations Planning team. In this hands-on position, you will be responsible for developing analytics, reporting and building models that support our Demand, Supply, Inventory, and Spares planning functions. You will have significant collaboration with members of Finance, Supply Chain, Planning, Sales Operations, and our contract manufacturer to achieve all objectives. The position will report to the Director of Operations Planning in Supply Chain Operations.
- Manage hardware install base data, reporting, and metrics
- Perform logistics cost analysis that helps identify areas for improvement and provides insight for forecasting and budgeting
- Monitor field inventory for risk of aging and excess, alert the team to mitigate risk
- Identify areas for OCOGS risk and improvement and present to Planning management
- Become well versed in functional area in order to provide backup coverage to planning activity
- Perform analysis of demand variability by SKU to determine target inventory levels through all levels of the supply chain
- Manage data and reporting on external and internal inventory, support physical inventory activity
- Become well versed in functional areas in order to provide backup coverage to inventory management activity
- Support product forecasting and planning with various sales and pipeline analysis such as forecast bias, product trends, customer segmentation, market trends, linearity, etc.
Data and Tools
- Own and manage data for planning tools (Anaplan, Prophet)
- Become SME in tools and data to develop and drive process improvement activity
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field
- Preferred: 3+ years in a related Supply Chain, Operations or Finance role
- Strong attention to detail; problem-solving capabilities will be critical for success in the role
- Experience in data analysis and/or forecasting with strong mathematical aptitude
- Knowledge of demand management/forecasting tools, forecasting processes in sales, finance, manufacturing, and supply chain
- Knowledge of tools including SAP (or similar ERP), Tableau, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook. Prefer experience with SQL, R programming
- Dedicated self-starter with the ability to deal with changing priorities and environment
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Ability to develop relationships and work in a team environment is helpful
Our Manufacturing team is a team of professionals with extensive business and project management experience in the contract manufacturing industry. This team has a proven track record of success in all aspects of supply chain and project management. We’re dedicated to growing production, reducing operating costs, and improving product quality by utilizing World-class Manufacturing concepts to optimize supply chain processes and strategies. Our manufacturing team leadership establishes clear objectives, defining and implementing profit improvement and profiling inventory management, valuation, and lead-time improvement programs. If you have a passion for extensive end-to-end manufacturing and supply chain with the knowledge and experience, we want you!
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together. To learn more about our dedication to inclusion and innovation, visit our Life at Palo Alto Networks page and our diversity website.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
Additionally, we are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or an accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at email@example.com.