Employee Relations Partner
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
As the first Employee Relations Business Partner, you will be an integral part of the HRBP community providing expertise in preventing and resolving workplace issues that interfere with our positive workplace environment and culture. We believe in providing a workplace that is safe, treats employees with fairness and respect, and enables every employee to achieve their personal best.
In this position, you will use your experience and knowledge of applicable policies, regulations, and industry best practices to establish and follow appropriate protocol for employee relations issues and investigations. As a thought leader in this area of expertise, you will also have the opportunity to develop and deliver educational programs to create awareness and training and help create a workplace free from behavioral issues and distractions. You should be an innovative HR professional with a passion for coaching employees and managers and creating teams that work together and win together. You should be comfortable working with any level of employee or manager, have a knack at reading a situation and navigating sensitivities and finding creative solutions to people issues. You are highly collaborative, truly valuing the contributions of your partners.
● Lead investigations on employee relations matters and potential policy violations to evaluate and effectively address issues. Partner with HRBPs, legal and other investigative parties as required to thoroughly conduct the investigation and reach the best outcomes for our organization and employees
● Coach leaders during performance improvement efforts. Provide guidance to elevate performance and capability
● Create guidelines, best practice research, and training to educate employees, managers, and other members of HR in how to mitigate and properly address behavioral issues in the workplace
● Prepare, track and maintain appropriate investigation data and documentation to recognize trends and anticipate opportunities for further education and action.
● Protect our unique culture and ensure Palo Alto Networks continues to be one of the best places to work
● 5 – 10 years of Employee Relations experience gained in either an HRBP role or Employee Relations Advisory role or equivalent experience as an employment attorney practicing employment law
● Excellent coaching and training skills to elevate the leadership capability around performance improvement
● Experience with employment law principles and effective risk management practices.
● Experience conducting investigations and advising on a wide range of employee relations issues, including manager/employee conflicts, performance issues, or behavioral issues
● Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to organize and analyze data
● Ability to establish strong relationships at all levels and across functions within the organization
● Effective listener and persuasive communicator able to influence actions and outcomes
● BA/BS degree or equivalent experience
● Legal degree preferred
Our People team at Palo Alto Networks works throughout the organization to enable...you guessed it, people. We’re one team – driven to one mission statement. Each piece matters, and within the people team, you are focused on enabling our teams to resolve the world’s most challenging cybersecurity threats.
You will be part of a growing, passionate, and dynamic team with an opportunity to work on challenging and exciting projects – centered on what we believe is one of the most significant mission statements in the world.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at email@example.com.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.