Customer Reference Manager
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
The Customer Reference Manager will report to the Head of Global Customer Programs. He/she will work with stakeholders across the company, including Sales, Marketing, Product Management, Product Marketing, Analyst Relations, and Public Relations, and other teams to execute program deliverables on a reactive and proactive basis.
This role requires someone who is used to working against deadlines, has excellent communication skills, superb organizational and time-management skills, tenacity, confidence and a warm and friendly approach in handling customer-facing outreach, qualification, and reference development.
The base for this position is in Santa Clara, California.
- Cultivate and strengthen strategic relationships with Palo Alto Networks customer advocates and protect these valuable relationships
- Bring strategic value to the program by suggesting ways to increase efficiency, increase awareness of references for sales engagements and develop new exciting reference programs that maximize our happy customer base
- Recruit customers into the Palo Alto Networks Customer Reference Program to support company goals and objectives for AR, PR, video, case studies, speaking and award opportunities
- Monitor and respond to sales reference requests and track results
- Manage the development of case studies, including scheduling, writing, translations, stakeholder reviews, layout, and final approval
- Track recruitment of customers and manage updates in the customer reference database
- Support Head of Global Customer Programs
- 5+ years overall experience in technology marketing and proven success managing customer outreach and reference deliverables
- Proven understanding of how customer references support broader business strategy and objectives
- Experience recruiting, fulfilling and managing strategic customer references
- Experience being part of a global communications and marketing team with strong self-direction and personal motivation to lead and drive multiple projects under pressure with limited management oversight and competing priorities
- Very comfortable with security technology concepts and a solid knowledge of the cybersecurity industry preferred
- Undergraduate B.A. or B.S. degree in marketing, communications or related experience required
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft PowerPoint, Excel and Word; working knowledge of Salesforce and a customer reference database
- Experience with data analytics
- Superior written and verbal communication skills; the ability to effectively communicate
- Ability to work collaboratively with account managers, customers, PR, AR, product marketing, and product management and deliver consistent results
- Excellent project management, organization and time management skills
Our marketing team has an opportunity like no other industry: high impact work and the chance to change the future of digital security. This team builds materials for our partners, our sales teams, and our industry. Your hands will be in industry-leading content created in the face of rapidly growing threats: cyberattacks. Being in marketing at Palo Alto Networks means that you will be in the midst of the changes impacting our industry, and helping our internal teams, customers, and partners address the ever-changing threats we all face on a day-to-day basis.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at email@example.com.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.