IT Portfolio / PMO Manager
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
We’re looking for an IT Portfolio Manager who can innovate our Portfolio Planning & Delivery process in IT, as well as manage initiatives with cross-functional teams. This role will report to the Senior Director, IT within Palo Alto Networks based in Santa Clara, CA
You will be responsible for providing IT Product Managers with a strategic business perspective while dealing tactically with the daily issues of coordinating, organizing and facilitating multiple Product & Agile teams. Your skills will include cross-team collaboration, conflict resolution, risk mitigation, and schedule management. End of the day, you will ensure we deliver the work committed and share insights & impacts based on the work delivered. The IT Portfolio Manager will have the experience and skills necessary to continuously improve the way we develop and deliver initiatives with a solid analytical mindset and interest in taking part in our PMO organization and enhancing our data analytics and data insights capability.
- Lead and facilitate regular portfolio team meetings, team coordination, action item tracking and release content management
- Effectively work with Product Managers, Product Owners, and Scrum Masters to align business strategy and program execution
- Manage and prioritize multiple tasks while meeting deliverables
- Plan, coordinate and manage a large portfolio of IT Initiatives while anticipating, minimizing and mitigating risks
- Build out integrated dashboards based on data sets from Jira and smart sheet
- Able to produce crisp, integrated Reporting and Dashboards for executive staff
- Manage & influence large cross-functional team/s
- Provide meaningful optics and insights using tools like Tableau & PowerBI
- Help with the deployment of cross-company Portfolio Management Tools ecosystem, while driving PM maturity & discipline
- Able to work within a complex tools ecosystem while managing across teams
- Define and communicate target release schedule, Freeze calendar
- Develop release readiness reviews, milestones, and the business Go/No-Go activities including the execution of the deployment plans and checklists
- Special projects as assigned
- 10 – 12 years of IT Portfolio Management/PMO experience in an Agile environment required
- Experience driving Portfolio Planning sessions; Have used various frameworks to prioritize work based on ROI/Business Value
- Clearly articulate the Business Value (in terms of ROI) for the work/projects committed to the leadership team
- Possess solid communication skills, and will be comfortable working in a fast-paced technical environment with experience using Agile/Scrum process and best practices to ensure the successful planning and delivery of products, projects, and releases in IT
- Hands-on expertise working with Agile/Scrum methodologies including agile tools (Jira, Confluence, smart sheet) required
- Proven experience in managing portfolio and releases in a large scale agile environment
- Solid analytical mindset. Ability to define and build dashboards for executive consumption, while bringing in data from different systems (examples include Jira, smart sheet, confluence, PowerBI, Tableau, etc)
- Self-starter with strong decision-making abilities who can drive projects to completion
- Proven track record of achieving results through collaboration and teamwork
- Ability to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization, clearly expressing ideas and concepts both verbally and in writing to effectively handle sensitive issues
- Strong prioritization skills and the ability to handle multiple job duties in a fast-paced environment
- Agile/SAFE experience a plus
- Consulting background preferrable
Working at a high-tech cybersecurity company within Information Technology is a once in a lifetime opportunity. You’ll be joined with the brightest minds in technology, creating, building, and supporting tools and that enable our global teams on the front line of defense against cyber-attacks. We’re joined by one mission – but driven by the impact of that mission and what it means to protect our way of life in the digital age. Join a dynamic and fast-paced team that feels excitement at the prospect of a challenge and feels a thrill at resolving technical gaps that inhibit productivity.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.