Tax Manager, EMEA
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
We are looking for a top-notch EMEA Income Tax Manager for the EMEA region, to join Palo Alto Network’s in London and will be responsible for all aspects of income tax planning, reporting, and compliance in EMEA. You will be reporting to Senior Director of International Tax based in Silicon Valley and will closely collaborate with the global tax team and with accounting resources within the EMEA region. If you are a motivated, intelligent, creative, and hardworking individual, then this job is for you!
- Serve as a Point of Contact for the income tax matters in EMEA, working with the global tax team, EMEA accounting, finance and business teams and outside service providers
- Ensure full compliance, administration and reporting of income tax, monitor regulatory requirements and deadlines, manage reporting and payments, report to Santa Clara headquarters and support quarterly tax provision process
- Maintain global tax calendar, coordinate internally and with outside service provides regarding filing obligations and due dates to ensure accurate and timely filing of tax returns and related mandatory disclosures
- Support Global expansion, assist with tax research of local country tax requirements, analysis of tax consequences of expansion to new jurisdiction, business models, transactions, and projects relating to other business initiatives.
- Support companies structure including monitoring governance and execution of DEMPE functions
- Assist in tax review of Palo Alto Networks’ contracts with customers
- Assist with transfer pricing compliance
- Assist in M&A and post-transaction integration activities
- Provide strategic support on the EMEA tax examinations and inquiries by local tax authorities
- Support global international tax projects in design and execution
- Contribute to the design and implementation of automated tools to drive efficiency/process improvements.
- Research, interpret and evaluate the tax impact of proposed EU, OECD and local country tax legislation on company transactions to ensure compliance across the region
- Bachelor’s degree
- Relevant international tax experience in Big 4, law firm and/or tech industry
- Strong technical tax knowledge and experience in planning, implementing and managing global tax strategies and inter-company transactions
- Experience with international tax issues, transfer pricing, withholding tax and Permanent Establishment analysis
- Capable of quickly understanding and integrating business objectives with tax strategies
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including presentations of quantitative and strategic solutions and initiatives
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to collaborate with business partners and consultants and all levels of management
- Proficient with Excel, G Suit is a plus, understand SAP or another similar Accounting / ERP system
- Strong research and analytical skills to understand complex tax issues
- Solution oriented with the ability to work independently and productively in a dynamic environment
- Ability to effectively manage multiple projects and priorities simultaneously, manage time, prioritize tasks, and work within deadlines with little supervision
- Experience with SOX internal controls and documentation
You have a passion for numbers; our organization has a real passion for cybersecurity. You’re looking for a career with a more fulfilling mission. We have open positions to top talent seeking a financial challenge. Our Finance department deals with numbers daily, supporting infrastructure, dealing in automation, and building elegant models and solutions to empower our business lines and solutions. If you’re seeking a financial challenge but with a worldwide impact, this is it.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.