Technical Support Engineer
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
You will work firsthand with our valued customers to address their complex post-sales concerns where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of many factors. You’re a critical thinker in understanding the methods, techniques, and evaluation criteria for obtaining results. You’ll enjoy networking with key contacts outside your own area of expertise, with a strong capability of detailing difficult technical issues to both non-technical and technical professionals.
You will regularly participate in technical discussions with multi-functional teams, creating an environment of transparency that ultimately leads to better products, better working environments, and better cybersecurity. Your quick thinking and support to our clients provides the fast assistance they need to keep their environments secure – which means you’ll need to move quickly, thoughtfully, and provide technical assistance as needed (often, in high pressure situations).
- Provide Technical Support to customers, partners and Palo Alto Networks Tier2 engineers by phone, e-mail and in person
- Work directly with ETAC and Software Engineering to get customer problems resolved
- Have a thorough understanding of the Software release and bug cycles
- Able to isolate root cause for product defects and Reproduce customer issues in the lab
- Works on complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors. Exercises judgment in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results
- Networks with key contacts outside own area of expertise. Regularly participate in technical discussions with cross-functional teams
- Publish Technical Support Bulletins, provide content technical review for Knowledge Base as well as contribute to customer-facing forums and other technical documentation
- Manage technical escalations & own complex cases
- Able to conduct multi-vendor troubleshooting
- Develop into Subject matter expert in at least one area
- Has visibility across the entire organization; leadership is recognized across the organization
- Provide coaching and mentoring to Tier2 engineers
- Take part in the 24x7 Follow the Sun on-call shift rotation
- Long term experience related to the position is required; typically 5-8 years of relevant experience
- Able to effectively communicate to all levels and stakeholders - internally and externally on complex technical issues
- In-depth understanding of Networking concepts and experience with multi-vendor networking devices such as routers, switches, firewalls, traffic generators, etc.
- Experience with Cisco, Checkpoint, Juniper (Netscreen), Fortinet is a plus
- Expert in Routing and Switching protocols (e.g. OSPF / BGP / VLAN / STP)
- Strong experience with Security Protocols (e.g. IPSEC / SSL-VPN / NAT / GRE)
- Experience with Authentication Protocols is a plus
- Ability to independently debug broad, complex and unique networks with mixed media and protocols is required
- Industry Certifications a plus
- Ability to work independently, as well as contributing as a team player
Our technical support team is critical to our success and mission. As part of this team, you enable customer success by providing support to clients after they have purchased our products. Our dedication to our customers doesn’t stop once they sign – it evolves. As threats and technology change, we stay in step to accomplish our mission.
You’ll be involved in implementing new products, transitioning from old products to new, and will fix integrations and critical issues as they are raised – in fact, you’ll seek them out to ensure our clients are safely supported. We fix and identify technical problems, with a pointed focus of providing the best customer support in the industry.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.