Channel Business Manager
At Palo Alto Networks®, everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish — but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
At Palo Alto Networks, channel development is an extension of the territory sales team; the ultimate goal is to train and enable our channel partners to become more self-sufficient and gain leverage for the Palo Alto Networks brand. The Channel Business Manager (CBM) will be responsible for activities centered on relationship management and pipeline creation at a National High Velocity Partner to achieve measurable results such as increased revenue, deal registration, market share and seller penetration focused on CDW Central area sales teams.
● Directly manage Palo Alto Networks High Velocity Partner in-region with whom you will contribute to and support national and territory business plans to drive all aspects of the partner relationship including: sales and pipeline development, executive and field alignment, business development, sales and technical enablement, certification plans and partner marketing
● Partner attainment against national and regional joint sales goals will become a key measurement of success
● Facilitate, manage, and administer in-region sales and technical enablement for National Partner Sales Reps and System Engineers; presenting and promoting Palo Alto Networks value proposition
● Facilitate the creation, delivery and certification of National Partner authorized training, professional services and front-line support programs based on Palo Alto Networks technologies and solutions
● Collaborate with Field Marketing to facilitate, manage and drive demand generation activities ensuring appropriate MDF ROI and compliance
● Metric tracking and reporting focused on National Partner seller penetration, Territory and Account Mappings, Deal Registrations, new logos and partner lift contribution
● Facilitate and participate in Quarterly Business Reviews (QBR) with cross-functional stakeholders and leaders from both organizations to measure progress against mutual business objectives
● Actively manage and drive Deal Registrations, pipeline development, and provide deal support to ensure orders are booked through the National Partner and Distributor as forecasted
● Chicago-based location, position requires being on-site at CDW multiple days a week
● Strong understanding of Channel Operating and Partner operating models, specifically CDW GTM motions
● Strong business acumen with proven ability to engage at all levels of the National Partner from individual contributor up to senior leadership
● Proven track record of exceeding performance objectives, consistently growing a vendor line 50%+ YoY at CDW or other similar partner
● Prior experience developing pipeline creation programs that demonstrated partner lift
● Fast-paced, high-growth company experience; preferably with Cloud, Cybersecurity and/or SaaS
● Strong relationship building skills
● Excellent communication and presentation skills
● Solid negotiation and conflict resolution skills
● 8-10 years of progressive channel sales experience
● First-line management experience a plus
● DMR experience required, preferably 4-5 years with CDW at a minimum
● University (Bachelor’s) degree or equivalent education
● Must have strong proficiency with various software applications including G-Suite and Salesforce.com
The channel organization at Palo Alto Networks is a strategic pillar for our continued growth within cybersecurity and a critical component to accomplishing our mission. Channel development is an extension of the territory sales team, with an ultimate goal being to train and enable our channel partners to become empowered in the use and sale of our products.
We’re trailblazers who dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: We can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at email@example.com.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.