Intern - Global Security Research Team
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
We are looking for a talented and motivated intern who will be able to conceive, design, implement and evaluate systems to detect and prevent various threats in the security landscape.
Our Summer Internship Program from May-August or June-September provides you:
● 1:1 mentorship
● Fun and engaging events that inspire your intellectual curiosity
● Opportunities to expand your knowledge and work on challenging projects
● Connections to other interns, recent grads, and employees across the company as well as our leaders
● Learn about advanced Threat Intelligence / Actors / Campaign tracking
● Learn about analyzing and reversing malware
● Learn about opportunities for tracking actor groups and campaigns
● Be exposed to the latest threat samples and activity, working on cutting edge security problems.
● Publish and blog under the banner of one of the largest security vendors in the world
● Learn the practical merits of rule and behavioral based detection approaches
● Be comfortable with malware analysis
● Understand core concepts of threat intelligence, like actor groups, campaigns and malware families.
● Be a confident Python programmer
● Have experience in Data Science (Particularly statistics and a background working with large datasets)
● Have strong writing skills i.e. Publishing papers, blogs etc
● Be a great and open communicator, willing to ask questions.
● Have good time management skills/able to adjust to a rapidly changing threat landscape
Requirements – To apply, you must be pursuing a 4-year Undergraduate Degree, a 2-year Master’s Degree or a Doctorate degree and returning to school in the fall. You must have the authorization to work within the United States.
The Global Security Research Team (GSRT) oversees the research and content development efforts for all of our malware security technologies.
GSRT is a worldwide team of security engineers, threat analysts and researchers that analyze millions of samples to ensure identification, classification and threat coverage/protection.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.