Senior Security Engineer (Information Security)
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission: protecting our way of life in the digital age by preventing successful cyberattacks. It’s not a small goal. It isn’t simple either, but we aren’t in this for the easy answer. As a company with a foundation in challenging the way things are done, we’re looking for innovators with a dedication to THE best. In return, your career will have a tangible impact - one that's working toward technology that affects every level of society.
Our mission doesn’t happen by treading softly. It happens by defining an industry. It means building products that haven't been thought of. It means selling products with a solutions mindset. It means supporting the infrastructure of a company that moves at an incredible speed…intentionally…to stay ahead of the world’s next cyberthreat.
The Security Engineer will be responsible leading the integration of security technologies in cloud hosted, SaaS, and on-premises data centers. The security technology integration includes leading the evaluation, design, and deployment of advanced technologies to enhance or create new security capabilities.
- Responsible for evaluating, designing, and deploying security infrastructure including next generation firewall, monitoring solutions, correlation tools, and identity and access control systems.
- Experienced with Cloud Devops/SRE functions and methodologies.
- Responsible for the integration of security focused solutions into a global network.
- Drives cross-functional integrated development teams to evaluate and implement security solutions.
- Coordinates with various teams to ensure network appliances and enterprise services are configured with the correct security posture to support business requirements.
- Provides technical recommendations to optimize performance.
- Troubleshoots and resolves critical network and system issues.
- Drives projects to completion with minimal supervision.
- Recent experience automating cloud workloads in GCP
- Recent experience automating cloud workload
- Experience administering a MS Active Directory
- Experience administering web servers
- Experience with monitoring solutions (Nagios, New Relic, Pingdom etc.)
- Experience administering VMware ESXi
- Good knowledge of software development and scripting (Python, Powershell, Bash etc.)
- Basic knowledge with Linux system administration, including storage, networks, and software
- Basic knowledge of SQL and database design
- Basic knowledge with Layer 2-7 protocols and technologies.
- Basic knowledge with routing and security protocols.
- Basic knowledge with ACLs, Firewalls, and Intrusion Prevention Systems.
- Basic knowledge of PKI
- Exposure to “big data” solutions such as Hadoop, Big Query, etc
- Strong focus on efficiency, simplicity and maintainability
- Ability to function effectively in a fast-paced team environment to reach stringent deadlines.
- Facilitate and lead meetings of peers within the organization
- Willing to travel occasionally (~10%)
- Palo Alto Networks PNSE certifications
- CISCO CCNP
- Arista ACE
- Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university; or equivalent training, education, and experience in information / cyber security, computer systems, IT, etc.
Think about it, security for an information security company. Working at a high-tech cybersecurity company within the Information Security team is a once in a lifetime opportunity. You’ll be joined with the brightest minds in technology, our global teams on the front line of defense against cyberattacks. We’re joined by one mission – but driven by the impact of that mission and what it means to protect our way of life in the digital age. Join a dynamic and fast-paced team that feels excitement at the prospect of a challenge and feels a thrill at resolving security gaps that inhibit our privacy.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together. To learn more about our culture and dedication to inclusion and innovation, visit our careers page.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
Additionally, we are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or an accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Learn more about the amazing work experience at Palo Alto Networks here!