GCS NPI Readiness Director
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission: Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
Palo Alto Networks’ Director of GCS New Product Introduction (NPI) Readiness manages and sets direction for the team that represents the Global Customer Services (GCS) organization in all aspects of new product introduction, from product concept definition through the End of Life phase, to ensure that Reliability, Availability, and Serviceability (RAS) is designed into the product, and prepare the worldwide Services organization with the technical knowledge to support the products and provide services at GA. We are seeking an exceptional people leader who is excited about leading a world-class services’ NPI, Readiness team in a fast-paced environment. The ideal candidate will have a passion for both people and process. The role provides great perspective and exposure to GCS business, leadership, and operations.
You will continue to evolve and drive scalable long-term success for an industry leading customer experience. You will explore options and develop innovative support and services plans that key on product strengths and make effective use of Palo Alto Networks’ resources. Provide technical direction and guidance to all GCS functions in preparation of support and service capabilities. Flexibility, creative problem solving, and the ability to interact with different levels of management and people with different personality styles is necessary.
In this role, you will provide leadership to the team to ensure that program inputs and requirements are transformed into appropriate outputs and results. You and your team will identify, manage, and mitigate risks through the creation of repeatable processes allowing scale and leverage.
The ideal candidate must have knowledge of Service and Support business processes and a desire to help Palo Alto Networks continue to deliver a Legendary Services’ experience for our customers and partners.
- Owns NPI for GCS and represents GCS in multiple new product core teams.
- Provides input to GCS management regarding staffing and capital equipment requirements to support new products.
- Reviews and provide input to marketing and product requirement definitions to ensure that RAS features are included.
- Coordinates the development of product support plans and the documentation review process.
- Develops relationship and process to support a 3rd party product, product requiring a 3rd party partner involvement, or product requiring an outsource support plan.
- Establishes and executes procedures for efficient operational reporting, risk management and issue resolution.
- Leads management of key information (e.g., assets, size, layout, etc.) pertinent to effective service operations.
- Manages projects and team to promote productivity and effectiveness.
- Bachelor's degree in a technical field, Masters in Computer Science, MCSE, or equivalent experience in a software and hardware support environment.
- At least 8 years of senior leadership experience in Global Support and Services role.
- Minimum 10 years of experience in data communications, preferably field engineering or technical support, with at least 5 years of experience with new product introduction, related engineering, or program management role. Working knowledge of software/hardware interaction is required.
- PMP preferred
- Has a Customer Service orientation
- Acquisition analysis and integration management
- Understands product development/QA methodology
- Extremely high ability to articulate and document strategic roadmaps, linkages between concepts, and help map to end state outcomes
- Proven leadership abilities
- Displays passion for & responsibility to the customer
- Displays leadership through innovation in everything you do
- Displays a relentless commitment to win
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.