Sr. Manager Accounting Operations
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission: protecting our way of life in the digital age by preventing successful cyberattacks. It’s not a small goal. It isn’t simple either, but we aren’t in this for the easy answer. As a company with a foundation in challenging the way things are done, we’re looking for innovators with a dedication to best. In return, your career will have a tangible impact – one that's working toward technology that affects every level of society.
Our mission doesn’t happen by treading softly – no, it happens by defining an industry. It means building products that haven't been thought of. It means selling products with a solutions mindset. It means supporting the infrastructure of a company that moves at an incredible speed – intentionally – to stay ahead of the world’s next cyberthreat.
Palo Alto Networks is looking for a Senior Manager Accounting Operations to the team to help drive financial accounting quality and efficiencies under robust internal controls through the Company’s continued high pace of growth. This person will manage general accounting tasks and work with cross-functional teams to support projects and implement process improvements in a fast-paced environment.
- Manage and coordinate accounting month-end close cycle
- Manage day-to-day operations of corporate accounting operations including but not limited to cash and investments, prepaids, and fixed assets
- Manage periodic physical inventory counts of fixed assets
- Review monthly balance sheet account reconciliations for various accounts, ensuring accuracy and adherence to GAAP
- Support monthly closing activities by preparing or reviewing accurate journal entries
- Prepare periodic and ad hoc financial reporting and analysis
- Manage accounting operations for Americas (non-U.S.) theater region
- Review and analyze financial reporting pack for Americas (non-U.S.) theater region
- Oversee consolidations and remeasurement accounting
- Partner with cross-functional teams on a regular basis to identify areas for improvement and solve problems
- Identify actionable insights and suggest recommendations to address issues and improve accounting processes/efficiencies.
- Assist with other projects and responsibilities as required
- Minimum BA/BS degree, preferably in Finance, Accounting, or Business Administration
- 7+ years of related experience preferred
- Experience with SAP and/or other large ERP systems is a plus
- Detail oriented and accurate and efficient in processing transactions
- Proficient with Excel and other general applications
- Ability to multi-task, stay organized and prioritize deadlines in fast paced environment
- Promotes teamwork and works well with others
- Energetic and positive attitude
You have a passion for numbers, our organization has a passion for cybersecurity. You’re looking for a career with a more fulfilling mission. We have open positions to top talent seeking a financial challenge. Our accounting department deals with numbers daily, supporting infrastructure, dealing with automation, building solutions and providing accurate, insightful financial information to empower our business lines. The ideal candidate has exceptional skills in accounting and analytics and an innovative mindset to approach finance problems differently. Our innovation doesn’t stay in Research and Development. Within finance and accounting, we seek people who are looking to try new things, while solving business critical equations. If you’re seeking a financial challenge but with a world-wide impact – this is it.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together. To learn more about our dedication to inclusion and innovation, visit our Life at Palo Alto Networks page and our diversity website.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
Additionally, we are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or an accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at email@example.com.