VP Engineering and Business Operations (Firewall as a Platform)
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
- Drive cross-functional plans for Firewall as a Platform Product Portfolio. Includes Program management, Business operations, Software Release management, Customer Escalations, Quality and Metrics.
- Know how to influence and matrix Lead to accomplish results and understanding of a global customer base.
- Have a commitment to success through innovation, transformation and execution.
- Have the ability to frame and communicate executive-level initiatives and directives.
- Able to go from high-level strategy to functional impact.
- Have a deep appreciation for how the company works and how to affect change.
- Have cross-functional project management skills and ensure proper level of follow-through and measurement. A strong task orientation.
- All operational components (year-end planning, compensation, personnel management, forecasting, reporting, recognition as examples)
- Business Optimization, Enablement planning and orchestration
- Business Forecasting and Readiness
- Experience on deployment of large, complex, critical initiatives with validated results
- Proven skills in Program Management, Release Management, Engineering and Business Operations
- Comfortable engaging with Sr execs, Cross Functional stakeholders. Strong executive presence, interpersonal skills, and ability to influence across disciplines
- Ability to balance critical thinking, detailed planning, and the execution of multiple programs at the same time.
- 10+ years related experience
- 7+ years management experience; global experience is highly preferred.
- Typically requires BS/BA or equivalent.
- Excellent written, oral communication, listening, and presentation skills.
- Excellent leadership, coaching and mentoring skills.
- Business degree and 8+ years of related experience. MBA preferred
- A high degree of creative ability and curiosity, analytical thinking, and general eye for
- business. Able to interpret analytics into business