Head of UX (Common Services)
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
Common Services is the arm of Palo Alto Networks R&D responsible for customer experience, usability, and adoption across all products that make up the security operating platform. We deliver innovative and simple solutions that help our customers understand the risks their organizations face, and how to best protect against cyberattacks.
As Head of UX for Common Services, your goal is a seamless customer experience, where all Palo Alto Networks products are intuitive and easy to use from start to finish. You lead with a clear focus and empathy. With your team, you’re a player-coach. With cross-functional teams, you build shared goals. With executive leadership, you communicate openly, and you thoughtfully speak up for the customer journey
- Define and own the customer experience journey and vision for Palo Alto Networks products and other customer touchpoints
- Champion a culture of customer advocacy in initial product design, development, and support
- Partner with product teams to consistently deliver a simple, yet compelling, a look and feel for our products
- Implement innovative practices in areas as usability testing, competitive analysis, user research (current and future), and customer feedback
- Share your expertise and discoveries (see bullet above!) to uncover product opportunities and inform product planning and roadmaps
- Grow and motivate a team of dedicated UX designers and engineers
- A degree in Business Administration, Design, Economics, Marketing, Engineering or any other related field
- 10+ years of working on UX projects from concept to release sounds about right for the seasoning this role requires, along with a track record of leading efficient, impactful teams
- Knowledge of enterprise software products working with SaaS applications and in high-growth environments is particularly interesting
- Understanding a foundation in end-to-end product design principles and methods, user journey mapping, wireframing, and prototyping
- Experience working on large-scale projects that require you to anticipate and strategize for future growth
- Initiate collaboration and sought stakeholder agreement to define and execute requirements
- Scale robust design systems, anticipating what’s needed as they are increasingly adopted
- Experience with research techniques that include analytics, machine learning, and data visualization
- Elevate your team’s work output, mentor and motivate other designers to do their best work, supporting them to tackle problems boldly and creatively
- Equivalent professional experience is a plus
To stay ahead of the curve, it’s critical to know where the curve is, and how to anticipate the changes we’re facing. For the fastest growing cybersecurity company, the curve is the evolution of cyberattacks and the products and services that dedicatedly address them. Our engineering team is at the core of our products – connected directly to the mission of preventing cyberattacks. They are constantly innovating – challenging the way we, and the industry, think about cybersecurity. These engineers aren’t shy about creating products to solve problems no one has tackled before. They define the industry, instead of waiting for directions. We need individuals who feel comfortable in ambiguity, excited by the prospect of challenge, and empowered by the unknown risks facing our everyday lives that are only enabled by a secure digital environment.
Our engineering team is provided with an unrivaled opportunity to build the products and practices that will support our company growth over the next decade, defining the cybersecurity industry as we know it. If you see the potential of how incredible people products can transform a business, this is the team for you. If you don’t wait for directions, instead, identifying new features and opportunities we have to just get better, this is your new career.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together. To learn more about our dedication to inclusion and innovation, visit our Life at Palo Alto Networks page and our diversitywebsite.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
Additionally, we are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or an accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.