Senior RMA Specialist
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
Palo Alto Networks is seeking an experienced RMA Specialist. This is an opportunity to join the most exciting fastest growing companies in Silicon Valley. We are looking for an experienced motivated self-starter and an enthusiastic team player. You will have the opportunity to grow with the company and expand your role within the organization. You will report to the Service Logistics Manager in the Supply Chain Operations team. You will be involved in all aspects of the RMA process with a strong emphasis on data entry/reconciliation and reverse logistics/asset recovery.
- Create all Advanced Replacement RMAs with 100% accuracy into PANs ERP System (SAP)
- Ensure RMA information provided by TAC support team is accurate and resolve any discrepancies
- Create and manage monthly open RMA report for items not returned by customers
- Resolve daily RMA return discrepancies with outsourced 3PL (3rd party logistics company) and internal Customer Support Team
- Work with outsourced asset recovery team regarding escalations for items not returned by Palo Alto Networks customers
- Follow up with customers for outstanding RMAs aged greater than 20 days
- Report weekly metrics for RMAs created and returned
- Track and follow up RMAS noted for FA (Failure Analysis) are returned in a timely manner
- Documents and track Warranty Replacement RMAs returned for repair
- Ability to engage cross functionally with customer service, sales and IT as it relates to special projects
- Assist in various service parts related projects related to improvements to RMA and asset recovery process
- Responsible for the daily email follow up pertaining to RMA status questions from both internal and external customers
- actions and project participation as required by management.
- 5-7 years of relevant experience in a service logistics role, excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communications skills
- 2 Years of SAP RMA data entry experience
- Excellent Excel Skills or knowledge of GSuite preferred
- Self-starting problem solver who can work independently
- Passionate about providing a best in class RMA and asset recovery experience for Palo Alto Networks customers
- Team player who can work cross-functionally to get things accomplished
- Experience working with a 3rd Party Service Parts Logistics Company
- Working knowledge of Salesforce case management and RMA functionality a plus
- Diplomatic and thoughtful in responses
- Excellent Excel Skills
- Proficiency with other Microsoft Office applications (Word, PowerPoint, Office)
- Detail Oriented
- Strong analytical capabilities
- Ability to think outside the box to suggest RMA process and efficiencies improvements
Our Manufacturing team is a team of professionals with extensive business and project management experience in the contract manufacturing industry. This team has a proven track record of success in all aspects of supply chain and project management. We’re dedicated to growing production, reducing operating costs, and improving product quality by utilizing World-class Manufacturing concepts to optimize supply chain processes and strategies. Our manufacturing team leadership establishes clear objectives, defining and implementing profit improvement and profiling inventory management, valuation, and lead-time improvement programs. If you have a passion for extensive end-to-end manufacturing and supply chain with the knowledge and experience, we want you!
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together. To learn more about our dedication to inclusion and innovation, visit our Life at Palo Alto Networks page and our diversity website.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
Additionally, we are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or an accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.