Inside Sales System Engineer
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
As an Inside Sales Systems Engineer, Prisma (APAC), you will present our Prisma Cloud solutions to potential customers/Partners - crafting and delivering demonstrations of the products, gathering customer technical requirements, and making expert technical recommendations. It’s your technical expertise that gives our clients peace of mind that these solutions are right for their Cloud cybersecurity concerns.
- Work supporting Inside Sales representatives discovering customer environment, infrastructure and building interest in Palo Alto Networks solutions
- Provide technical support in sales presentations, technical answers and solution demonstrations
- Support Customer and Partner webinars and UTD organized by the Inside Sales SE Team
- Provide hands-on expertise for customer remote demonstrations, webinars, UTD
- Effectively lead conversations about Palo Alto Networks Public Cloud solutions
- Create and deliver compelling demonstrations of products and solutions that clearly differentiate PAN from competitors or legacy security solutions
- Educate customers and partners on the modern Cloud Security journey
- Identify and qualify new opportunities and, support technical pre-sales activities for closure
- Actively expand the Palo Alto Networks install base and net new business through consultative engagements
- Maintain key partner technical relationships and effectively enable and use channel partners to excel in a channel-driven sales model
- Create evaluation test plans with customers that highlight the strengths of Prisma Cloud, clearly differentiate from competitors and manage the evaluation process to a successful conclusion
- Gather customer technical requirements and identify product and technology gaps
- Building and maintaining of a SE lab for testing and training purposes and assisting with customer EBC visits
- Some travel may be required
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent
- 2+ years of experience as a successful SE, systems integrator, or equivalent experience
- Experience selling network infrastructure based security appliances, such as Firewalls, SSL/IPSec VPNs, Security Proxies and Caches
- Practical experience working with routing and switching products that will be installed adjacent to the Palo Alto Networks appliances
- Strong written and verbal communication and presentation skills, both internally and externally
- Solid analytical skills, ability to analyze complex multivariate problems, making use of a systematic approach to gain quick resolution often under pressure
- Mature and effective organizational and time-management skills
- Experience with systems installation, configuration, and administration of routers/switches, UNIX/Linux and Windows-based systems (prior Active Directory/LDAP experience desirable)
- Knowledge of L2-L4 Networking (L2 Switching architectures including Spanning Tree, IP routing including OSPF and BGP, L4 Load balancing)
- Proven track record of selling, demonstrating, installing and troubleshooting network infrastructure security products
- Exposure to training customers and partners on technical subject matters including new networking and security features
- Experience in using and operating within the public cloud and preferably certified with either AWS, Azure or GCP
- DevOps, CI/CD background and working knowledge of containers and orchestration (Swarm, Kubernetes), highly preferred
As part of our Systems Engineering team, you will support the sales team with technical expertise and guidance when establishing trust with key clients.
You won’t find someone at Palo Alto Networks that isn’t committed to your success – with everyone pitching in to assist when it comes to solutions selling, learning, and development. As a member of our systems engineering team, you are motivated by a solutions-focused sales environment and find fulfillment in working with clients to resolve incredible complex cyber threats.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.